Mouldings(2) !!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I'd scrape it back mate bit of exterior filler & sand back to shape.
Seems a bit OTT to replace.

I'll try again with the pictures.

Question is : What would you lads do with these? Repair, replace? How would ya go about it? I've never done these before so all help appreciated, cheers:RpS_thumbup:

Pictures by bigal4444 - Photobucket
Hello mate You need to get all the lose of and find a bit of the mould that is all good put a coppy the template on to card cut it out and transfrom to a pice of zink and make a runner so you can run a new one. you should mix dryed kilm sand lime cement for the last coat and sharp for any deep bits or 1st coat

would you need to put a primer of some sort to form a bond from the new to the old.

Hello mate You need to get all the lose of and find a bit of the mould that is all good put a coppy the template on to card cut it out and transfrom to a pice of zink and make a runner so you can run a new one. you should mix dryed kilm sand lime cement for the last coat and sharp for any deep bits or 1st coat

ok mate? why zinc ? ive used copper straps before ,is zinc better?

no dont think so.lol i have "sqeezed" copper straps round mouldings to make a runner for cornice , obviously cant with zinc ,wanna know if its better to make runner out of zinc!

always made ours in college from zinc and were told when making profiles use zinc. think it can be cut nice but is also hard for long usage.

if you take them all down just chuck up some eps ones. you could make the exact profile with a blade and then cut the new ones with the hotknife but i would look at repairing them first

Use RJM's method, but prime the existing with sbr/cement and then use some wallcrete by picsuk, it is easily run, shaped and carved, easier to work with and has fine fibres in the mix , you can even sand it down if you like

Status
Not open for further replies.