mould on dry lining, any advise please.

Members online

mfh1

Hi, Wonder if someone can help please. I'm renovating some properties and as you can see from picture mould is appearing wherever the "dabs" are for the dry lining. The mould will rub off with you hand, but when the board is skimmed the mould returns on the finished plaster in exactly the same places, which again will rub off, but I wonder whether it will keep returning and why is it happening , as the walls in question are bone dry and the same happens whether it's new block walls or existing stone walls. Plasterer says it's nothing and probably to do with different dry lining adhesive he has used, which I know is drivel, unless the adhesive has already got mould in it. thanks

Attachments

• mould.jpg
    mould.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 194
Solid wall . Cold spots where dabs are and condensation causing black mold, the only solution is to rip boards off and remove dabs. then either re'dab using insulated boards or build a stud wall and insulate using king span or similar . A vapor check barrier may be needed .

Stone walls you say?
Is it a cottage with no damp proof course?
Renovate come from Latin words meaning Make new again. Your plasterer is re-ruining it. Terrible work...
038909BB-9983-46BF-8E43-A82560E9B4C6.jpeg

Hi, Wonder if someone can help please. I'm renovating some properties and as you can see from picture mould is appearing wherever the "dabs" are for the dry lining. The mould will rub off with you hand, but when the board is skimmed the mould returns on the finished plaster in exactly the same places, which again will rub off, but I wonder whether it will keep returning and why is it happening , as the walls in question are bone dry and the same happens whether it's new block walls or existing stone walls. Plasterer says it's nothing and probably to do with different dry lining adhesive he has used, which I know is drivel, unless the adhesive has already got mould in it. thanks
Psst

You haven't got a plasterer

Socially distance yourself from this man

T'jobs f**k*d

Is the property empty and cold all the time, those boards must have been stood for a while for mould to grow...any heating in the properties