mortar pointing gun.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Av used a similar one to that flidarm. You can get them with a hopper that runs of a drill with are quite good. Don't know if you can hire them.

The pain with the ones your on about is the consistency of ya gear. To wet and you just squeeze the watta oot the gear. To stiff and it won't pump

very good money in pointing.worse part is toothing out gets in places u wouldnt think of.happydays ahead keith:RpS_thumbsup:

@Fatarm are you pointing stone or brick ? I have a one i got from screwfix i think and, works ok just make sure you get ya mix creamy. I just knock up small mixes though maybe a bucket or 2 at a time so your not adding water to get it back to life if ya get me drift. takes a while to get ya heed round the right consistency but when you do it's easier than using a pointing trowel or tuck pointer and you can get right to the back of the joint easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep there very good, I use the parex easy point gear with one.
just keep the gun oiled up so it doesn't clog and away you go, points in half the time
parex gear you just add water, so every mix is bang on the same colour.

We do a lot of pointing with the mastic gun type quite handy if you have a lab and a couple tubes for the gun. Always have a full gun that way make sure you get it nice and creamy spend til brekkie/mid day depending on the sun blasting out the joints. The rest of the day striking them or your method of choice. The guns last us a few jobs if they are looked after but just seem to wear eventually but for the cost it ain't too bad!

@Fatarm Everyone is just copying me flidarm.........................just ask the wand next time buddy.................................:RpS_wink:

@Fatarm are you pointing stone or brick ? I have a one i got from screwfix i think and, works ok just make sure you get ya mix creamy. I just knock up small mixes though maybe a bucket or 2 at a time so your not adding water to get it back to life if ya get me drift. takes a while to get ya heed round the right consistency but when you do it's easier than using a pointing trowel or tuck pointer and you can get right to the back of the joint easier.
Its all brick work mate...is the one from screwfix like a mastic gun?? ..

yep there very good, I use the parex easy point gear with one.
just keep the gun oiled up so it doesn't clog and away you go, points in half the time
parex gear you just add water, so every mix is bang on the same colour.

Easypoint sounds good..doubt anyone local will stock it, ill try encon.
Any idea how much a bag owls?..whats the coverage? obviously depends on joint width, depth.

Easypoint sounds good..doubt anyone local will stock it, ill try encon.
Any idea how much a bag owls?..whats the coverage? obviously depends on joint width, depth.

You can buy it direct if your buying a fair bit. A bags around 20 plus vat in 20kg. They do a standard as well as a lime version. It dries rock hard circa 40n strength bearing in mind a standard concrete block is 7n so you need to make sure you don't spill any on the stone or brick as its a bugger to get off. To kill any suction from the joints we water lanko latex down and brush that in. It does dry fairly sharpish so the trick is not to do more area than you can handle.
Pointing has been difficult to make pay, but with the gun and the premixed gear it pays well. If you need any more info drop me a pm and ill forward on a contact from Parex.

Seen some beautiful pointing of stone in France builder used parex stuff presumed it was mono but don't know, used a pointing gun and then brushed it in..

Looked spot on and there was some serious fill between the stone

I knowOwls uses them and gets on with them but I find them a pile of **** I can do it far faster by hand but if your not used to it give the gun a go.

I find it quicker and neater to re-point walls by hand but do a lot of natural stone paving and the guns a fair bit quicker for me on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.