monocouche on eml

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaywall

hello there im new to this so bare with me if im writing this in the wrong place.anyway im currently doing alot of plastering and rendering for a loft building co.the client on this job wants weber pral m all over the existing building and also the ply wood dormers and gable end can you eml and apply pral m to these or do you need to rend aid a scratch

If your set on using weber, then get a spec from them, we could give you numerous scenarios for carrying out these proposed works but as were not privy to all the facts and tech details of the build then it is pointless. Go to weber tech and get a spec from them or ask a member called Rigsby he has a good rapport with them

warrior thanks for the quick feedback this forum is great.ive actually done the weber course for monocouche but it didnt cover going over plywood dormers or gable ends.i dont think it did anyway i did do the course about 3 years ago. i have actually contacted the technical department at weber and they say you cant its just for masonry backgrounds.the problem is for me is the client wants pral m on the whole house. i know you can use weber plas tf 150 over the insulation but they want the same finish throughout.

Then building paper eml and crack on mate , or fix aquapanel exterior and base coat it in a decent base rend like maite or sm700 fully meshed and top in the pral, but tell your customer you can't guarantee it either way

You can fix Aquapanel Exterior, then use Weber LAC and mesh..... then there thin coat finishes (the Weber MT system - mesh tech).
I have seen Pral M onto their LAC, mesh and Aquapanel Exterior in small areas, but Weber don't warrant it...... If the TF structure moves the LAC is too rigid and the Pral M will crack..... It is a matter of whether the structure will move.....?
Have you started the render on the job? If not, look at some other render options as Warrior says.... some can have scratch finishes onto more flexible basecoats without problems. Or talk to Weber about the types of finish that can offer as part of their MT system, some might match the Pral M texture.....

thats geat advice mate thanks alot a friend of mine also had the same problem a few months back with ply wood and he scratched over the eml with normal sand and cement and then did the usual with monocouche and it cracked. would adding the meshcloth in the fist pass solve all these problems. jaywall

No - you need to fix a proper render board - correctly - then use a proper basecoat and mesh before a top coat / finish. Usually the basecoat and top coat should be from the same render system supplier, and be tested onto the board..... don't mix and match, not all of the system suppliers approve scratch onto basecoats and boards (like Weber).....
If you want any specific assistance, my contact details are on my profile.......

If you are applying scratch onto blocks, you can mesh a first pass..... get advise from the render system suppliers.... but not onto a board on TF, the TF moves!

thanks for your feedback mate.its basicly they have built the dormers and gable end out of ply and all the price is just for eml and render so they wont pay for any aquapanel.ive used lac before normally on insulation boards. can you scratch coat with that?then go over with pral m?

Ive done a timber frame extension which was ply'd, we put battons on top of the ply with a breathable membrane, then EMl, s&c pricking up coat and scratch, fully meshed and top with weber pral about 2 year back and it hasnt cracked,but maybe i got lucky!!.......:RpS_unsure:

I don't think so......... Get in touch with Weber Technical!

Dont bother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Felix the cat answers then he will give you advice one day and deny he ever said it the next! I don't think Weber will ever approve on ply or Aqua panel. You would think their MT system or polymer mono would have a bit of give but I wouldn't trust it. Besides, the grain size is different in the MT and polymer. Might be the same colour but the different grain will show a difference. If you are supplying on this one I would give it a miss. But there again I would give it a miss anyway if Weber is used.

You have been warned!

make sure they know its not to spec so have no warranty or comebacks when it goes tits up. Does my head in when people don't listen and then blame us when its cracks or blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.