Monocouche accelerant

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pftmonojetman

Private Member
Is there any thing you can use to speed up the set for mono ? Were using FT at the mo doing same day scrapes but its long days. Im wondering if there was an accelerant to finish it quicker. If so is it worth it and is it any good cheers

Cheers Paul ill give him a ring tommorow, Ive seen ibovit , justwanted to ask the lads who use mono all the time cheers mate.

Parex have a product called axel 3000 its about £ 50 for a 20 ltr container. Its a clear liquid that you add to your mixing water. If you work out how many litres your water butt will hold you can calculate how many ltrs of axel 3000 to add.
There is also a retarder called Tardex which should allow safe overnight scrapes which could be worth using.

i used it through one of my electric machines. It seemed ok. Wasnt impressed by the speed the material went off. I thought it would have gone quicker

the problem you have with using it with electric machines is you have to add the right amount to your water butt each time, so you will not be able to have a constant feed to your butt to keep it full you will have to let the butt drain right down, refill and add the accelerator, this is a right pain, plus , by running you butts right down your sucking in any s**t which has entered the barrel. I personally wouldnt bother as it dont make that much of a difference and and its a lot of hassle.

Parex have a product called axel 3000 its about £ 50 for a 20 ltr container. Its a clear liquid that you add to your mixing water. If you work out how many litres your water butt will hold you can calculate how many ltrs of axel 3000 to add.
There is also a retarder called Tardex which should allow safe overnight scrapes which could be worth using.

is the retarder any good?

the problem you have with using it with electric machines is you have to add the right amount to your water butt each time, so you will not be able to have a constant feed to your butt to keep it full you will have to let the butt drain right down, refill and add the accelerator, this is a right pain, plus , by running you butts right down your sucking in any s**t which has entered the barrel. I personally wouldnt bother as it don't make that much of a difference and and its a lot of hassle.

Use clean water butts and cover them from picking up dirt etc. you could use 2 butts. Run 1 and fill the other similtaneously, then swap them. Its a little bit more effort but it is possible to use an electric machine

So no problems thru the water pump, just thought it had been mentioned before that the heat of the water pump sort of solidifies the admix and can fcuk the pump up. Cheers

it does that with lanko latex. This product was ok, I dunno if it does long term damage but it went through ok for me.

Lanko, you couldnt even see the float in the bottle. It was a disaster

Use clean water butts and cover them from picking up dirt etc. you could use 2 butts. Run 1 and fill the other similtaneously, then swap them. Its a little bit more effort but it is possible to use an electric machine

if your going to bother with all that s**t then get a diesel. I wouldn't trust a labouer to take a piss let alone start adding additives

mate, would it be better for you to do an afternoon float and a morning scrape early doors then so on and so on ? its ok next day now temps overnight are cool ish especially with krend

tats mad innit 18 degree. I been looking at my temp on the van and reckon it must be broke or something. It was 20 odd at 9 in the night

aye for this week but last week before the hot wether we did monorex next day scrape and thats a quicker setter than krend, you be right next week when it cools down

I have used cement Wickes accelarator through the pump and it worked fine. Late Oct last year and finished for 4pm. Cant remember how much I put in the barrel to start with but we did put a given measure in the water for every 3 bags used. A bit of pissing about for the lab but it worked ok.

We have bought some Ibrovit2 recently. Cost just short of £100 for 20ltrs. Weber says 0.1 ltrs per bag but when I rung up Weber technical they said that is for hand mixing and its 10% to mixing water for the machine. That will work out well expensive. Got a tub of Ibocar if anyone needs some. 40min set on that stuff! Had to buy 10 sachets at 200g per sachet. Only need 2 sachets so if someone wants a sachet or 2 let me know. That cost 100 smackers as well! 1 sachet does 1 bag of mono.

you can put a water metre between main water hose and barrel and set for 100 litres , then add 2 litres of ibovit every time your barrels full.

Status
Not open for further replies.