mono substrate

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_removed

have a little job to do monocouche over white/buff brick, like stone effect brick

its quite porous and has a good key just wondering if i could mono striaght over or if it would take better with a coat of SBR / OCR / RendAid

cheers in advance, Mac

Micros a primer you can roller on straight out the bucket Keith, drys quick so you can get on it straight away, smells nice to.

Started taking smallish mono jobs on now, I can apply and finish I'm just looking into the different substrates.

There's a good enough key to take, and I'm confident the suction is there it will be fully meshed and double at stress points.

Ill check the micro out, don't fancy rendaid at the prices I'm gettin quoted.

Cheers, mac

What ever you use ,just be careful ,the rendaid or what you use ,does not bleed through to the top coat ,thats why Weber say 48 hours to dry ,best of luck with it any way

What ever you use ,just be careful ,the rendaid or what you use ,does not bleed through to the top coat ,thats why Weber say 48 hours to dry ,best of luck with it any way

Keith microgobetis won't bleed through owt once it's had a hour or two.

Thanks Andy for that ,could be good for smaller jobs then ,i,ve got 500 m of rendaid to do next week ,hope the weather picks up ,least they have a lid on the scaffold and sides :RpS_unsure:

Thanks Andy for that ,could be good for smaller jobs then ,i,ve got 500 m of rendaid to do next week ,hope the weather picks up ,least they have a lid on the scaffold and sides :RpS_unsure:

I've got a tin hat over my place while we strip the thatch, it's surprising just how much warmer it is under there.

So it you mono over micro can you still use 10mm beads? or do you have to go on thicker? I take it you bed the mesh in the first pass?

Still need 15mm cover two passes,,and even with cement based primers I still put a minimum 15 mm finished render on , much better imho

Status
Not open for further replies.