Mono quantites

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Wilkinson

alright machine pals

Not posted for a while. Been busy plastering inside- bad times!

Anyway last job i did i worked out I was using 1.5 bags of parex per m2. This is onto good blockwork (did it myself so I know it was plumb etc). So I seem to be using a shed load of gear as they say only 1 bag per m2. I 'm only just leaving it pround of beads etc so not putting on too much. Anyone else find this or is it just me. by the way using 15mm beads dabbed on tight. Tried 10mm before and got ghosting so wont do that again.

Just to share. Blanc du litteral job went well by the way looked really good in the end. Had to put wet floor signs out for all the jizz off customer. Air hose did block up twice on job but at least i knew it would happen and just filed it out. I used the axel 3000 accelerator and found it great to use as we sprayed first thing and scraping back by 2pm. It does skin over super quick with axel 3000 so you have to go pretty quick with edgeing up. Did do one next day scrape and noticed on the same day scrape there was fewer air pockets to fill.

Cheers, Ben

Did you get the ghosting with parex or something else, we get just over a meter a bag using 10mm beads

We use SAS's 15mm probead, if you measure them they are 12mm, so by the time they're stuck you've got your 15mm, we cover 1m2 a bag using parex.

alright machine pals

Not posted for a while. Been busy plastering inside- bad times!

Anyway last job i did i worked out I was using 1.5 bags of parex per m2. This is onto good blockwork (did it myself so I know it was plumb etc). So I seem to be using a shed load of gear as they say only 1 bag per m2. I 'm only just leaving it pround of beads etc so not putting on too much. Anyone else find this or is it just me. by the way using 15mm beads dabbed on tight. Tried 10mm before and got ghosting so wont do that again.

Just to share. Blanc du litteral job went well by the way looked really good in the end. Had to put wet floor signs out for all the jizz off customer. Air hose did block up twice on job but at least i knew it would happen and just filed it out. I used the axel 3000 accelerator and found it great to use as we sprayed first thing and scraping back by 2pm. It does skin over super quick with axel 3000 so you have to go pretty quick with edgeing up. Did do one next day scrape and noticed on the same day scrape there was fewer air pockets to fill.

Cheers, Ben

why are you using axel with bl10, it already goes a lot quicker because of the marble content, than monorex anyhow with out shelling out for accelerators.

Spunky ghosting was parex g00.

Wezly ill try those SAS beads on this next job. Can you tell me mate which angle you go for 10-14mm or 15-20mm?

Cheers

We use SAS's 15mm probead, if you measure them they are 12mm, so by the time they're stuck you've got your 15mm, we cover 1m2 a bag using parex.

We use sas 15mm bead but when i checked they were 15mm the tens are tens.

on parex done on the right bead in my experience you get a tad over a metre a bag if your lucky none of this 1.28 odd metres lark. weber less than a metre and krend you need a shed load more like 5 bags of krend just about does 4 metres of wall if your lucky

gangs round our way cherping on they get 1.5 metres out of a bag of krend etc, god knows what they are doing

it was just the weather at the time why we used accelerator as it was too cold for same day and weather was very iffy with possible rain forecast most nights as it quite often is in up here!

Status
Not open for further replies.