Mono help !!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad123

Have a wall to do which runs quite abit out. 40mm in some places and 25mm in other places. Have to base before top coat, but because I need to bring some areas out I was wondering would it be best to sand and cement the thick parts because of the depth. And then rendaid the lot once straighten out. Know have to be in a couple of passes with s&c to bring it out. I don't think rendaid could be that thick. Thanks

Phone the rep of the gear your using if it goes wrong it's a costly mistake for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@keithuk

That's why I said fill the deep parts of the wall with s&c then rendaid then top coat. Rendaid wouldn't be able to be build up to 30-40mm, whereas s&c can be over a few passes. Obviously not an whole wall but only to straighten then wall out.

Lost me there mate ,ocr is sand/cement ,if you key it you will not need rendaid

Sorry mate the builder has ordered rendaid for base coat then top coat. When I've looked at the job I have noticed one wall runs out a lot, so instead of using base coat to fill out the deep places, I was going to knock up s&c (not bagged ocr) instead. Then once I filled the deep places out go over the rest with base coat then top as normal. Sorry bit long winded.

@keithuk

That's why I said fill the deep parts of the wall with s&c then rendaid then top coat. Rendaid wouldn't be able to be build up to 30-40mm, whereas s&c can be over a few passes. Obviously not an whole wall but only to straighten then wall out.

what keith is telling you is it is a risk to dub out more then 28mm in render. you want to dub out 30 to 40 mm therefore you are taking a risk with your render!

what keith is telling you is it is a risk to dub out more then 28mm in render. you want to dub out 30 to 40 mm therefore you are taking a risk with your render!

Ok mate i know it's a lot of weight, builder says do it, so was seeing if that would be your way around it. The wall only 3.5 x 2.4.

I did a job on a gable what sunk in 60mm in the middle. Weber (barstewards) specked rend aid the whole wall and dub out with ocr. It took 3 coats in the middle. It took 70 odd bags of ocr to dub out meshed throughout and double in the middle. Left it a week then mono.

Stranglely enough no comebacks?

My first mono job was a stone gable. I dubbed it out and scratched it on with sand and cement on a sbr slurry. I did however make the mistake of not only putting waterproofer in but even wet it down prior to hand applying mono at 18mm. Talk about slump!

Status
Not open for further replies.