Moisture Boards

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Micro works nice on em.

Strange though that the knauf ones ask you to prime them but the Siniat/lafarge don't state it.

This is what is says on the siniat website. They say you do have to prime them.

A board with water resistant additives designed for use in high humidity areas. It complies with BS 1230 Type 3 and 4, BS EN 520 Type H1. It is composed of Aerated Calcium sulphate di-hydrate with fillers enclosed inside a green paper with bound edges. Core and papers are bonded with starch. Edge glue is PVA. It reaction to fire rating is Euroclass A2-s1, d0. GTEC Moisture Board can be jointed and finished with Lafarge jointing systems. The boards require priming with GTEC Universal Sealer prior to decorating and treating with PVA bonding agent before plastering.

i have seen it shell off once the tiles were put on, dnt ask me why they plastered it in the first place if it was being tiled but its not unherd of for it to shell off

i find it strange that they recommend priming with pva before plastering when it is not water resistant...i use the external pva when faced with the greens.
I have also primed fire resistant and sound proof board with pva- is this necessary?

The site I'm on ATM, just flat tape it whatever that means?!? They just fill the tapered edge..

if it skimmed pva, I wouldn't bother :-/

i have seen it shell off once the tiles were put on, dnt ask me why they plastered it in the first place if it was being tiled but its not unherd of for it to shell off
Aliens are also heard of on many occasions ,,its not unusual as Tom would sing for the Loch Ness monster to be spotted,, I had never heard of pva on moisture boards till recently ...

Surely it's a case of lack of adhesion and not of too much suction so really a bonding agent should be used over PVA. I don't think the manufacturers themselves know half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.