Mixing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxy-T

Hi, I've been mixing by hand with a length of wood and a mixing wheel. I did a course, loved it and done two rooms at home now. Got the whole house to do....seriously considering getting a mixing drill. Hadn't before, as not sure how much plastering I will do in the future, (although would miss it!) wondered if I could use a powerful drill or have to buy a particular mixing drill. Any recommendations??
Thanks. :)

pay a labourer 30 quid a day to mix up with your paddle wheel and clean up, and increase your price slightly to cover him ;)

on the machine side, i do this for a living and bought the cheapest half decent thing i could find, evolution twister, lasted 4 months and the trigger/switch went, bodged it and im still usin it, 100 quid. theres cheaper on ebay, around 60 quid...

i wouldnt bother spending any more than that for now mate...
problem with using a drill is u can only really use little paddles that fit a chuck, what you need if your gonna do it mechanically is a bigger paddle and theyre m14 thread, so anything that has a female m14 with take a decent paddle...
this is all assuming your knockin up upwards of a bag/bag and a half at a go..
if not, you can buy a little cheapie 'paint stirrer' and shove it in a cheapie cordless, just mix 1/2 a bag to a bag...and dont expect it to last more than a couple of months...

had my evolution for 18 months, no troubles at all, you just gotta remember to blow out switch and brushes once a month

Great, thanks for the advice, that's just what I needed to know.
Er I best not let the missus know about cheap labourers....she has been helping me cleaning up and all that!

when i first started out i went to my local boot sale and bought a 600 watt bosch drill for about 6 quid,it lasted well over a year and has plenty of power to mix multi finish up
you can pick up a whisk to fit it from the net for around 5 to 10 pounds
shame your not local to me in norfolk,i have 3 or 4 paddles i dont use and would be happy to give them away

Status
Not open for further replies.