Mixing multi (fast or slow that's the way uh huh I like it uh huh)

Can i just say when you are more confident try letting powder soak in water first before you start to mix , modern plasters mix easier today & don't set so quick either .

Can i just say when you are more confident try letting powder soak in water first before you start to mix , modern plasters mix easier today & don't set so quick either .
No, don't do that it just settles to the bottom of the bucket and causes lumps.

I mix up quite slow when it's wet to stop it going every where and then when it's thickened up give it a whizz on full speed to get the lumps out but I'm domestic probably doesn't matter so much on site
download.jpg

Before i started my apprentership i had six months probation period where i did nothing but mix up & clean up , by hand to a two & one gang ! Then was given a old second hand trowell , 11in tyzak did no skiming for 12months only floating/ render coat .Tuff luv.

I do and can't see the difference apart from doing it slow everything takes an age to mix (and not very well), if I was a mayfly i'd be dead before it's ready, on some plaster videos the people swear by mixing slow, I'll take it with a pinch of salt
A lot of people on YouTube just like the sound of their own voice and bore on about insignificant details.

You’ll work it out as you go. Agree with Tom.

Whatever the speed of the whisk I move it relatively slowly round the bucket and if you go clockwise and then aunty-clockwise ( @Stevieo :coffe:) then you pick up more s**t from the edge. But again, insignificant details

Just shows you the plastering game just doesn’t come with instructions! Everything about it is trial an error ha! Even mixing has level of skill for the rookies. You can sit an watch videos all day an let someone tell you to do this an do it that way.. but you really have to just start from the beginning (mixing gear up for spreads) or even cleaning buckets,, learn a lot from that alone then climbing from there. Hard trade I must admit. Not as easy as the rest

I’ve had a labourer for about 18 months now and if I tried mixing I reckon I would make a right mess!!!