mixing k rend ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

troot

anyone got any tips on mixing K rend we do the usual letting it rest for 5 mins then re mixing but wondering if anyone has got it perfect? please share!

Any idea how much a subbie squad with a machine would charge me for labour only appox, cheers
Same as yourself Troot, they will have an easier time though. But a good tip is to use a dust mask, that makes it easier.

Last edited:
I asked a subbie for a M2 price labour only with a machine and he quoted £15m2. It wasn't for me but for a builder who wanted some mono doing and I was to busy. He didn't get the job.

We've been doing 2 builders buckets full to the brim with water then add 5 and a half bags mix it, it'll go stiff sometimes the mixer sticks and you end up twirling round instead, let that rest then add a tiny splash of water and mix it

I hate the stuff it seems either too wet or too stiff and grainy

If you've got space get 3 hardwall butts mix one same water with 5 bags for first coat and 2 with 5 and half to top it

Redman I used the baron mixer for k rend HP12 base coat and found it a good bit of kit, but for top coat I don't think it could keep up with the volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.