Mixing Drill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anybody out there can help me??

I have recently purchased a Macallister (B & Q own brand) drill recently; my drill blew up on me halfway through a job!!. Oh how joyous it was to mix by hand!!. I need a mixer quickly to finish a large wall in a corridor, and there is no piggin way i'am hand-mixing up two large bins on my own. Anyway back to point; this Macallister mixing drill didn't come with a paddle attachment. It is "chuckless!" and the paddle simply screws into the end..Now i have only used powerful drills with a chuck before now..

Are the screw-in paddle's a standard size for this (M14??? was standard size when i google'd it!!) or do i have to get a "special size" paddle from Macallister? Can i buy the version from Screwfix "M14, for a Makita"??? Will it fit??

God that all sounded boring i know, but would be cool if someone could help me and i could get on with this wall and attempt to lift a pint over christmas without worrying about cramp in my arms from mixing??

Yours the Guitarplayingplasterer

:) :) :)

if your gonna stay in plastering past the corridor wall might be worth investing in another drill and whisk a good un will cost aound £300 but you could get something cheaper but you will be replacing it every other week/month/year depending on what you mixing or your luck. :)

use the m14 thread makita for now and work towards a refina megamixer with the h shaped handles. it will never let you down and allows you to concentrate on the job, not worry bout the reliability/strength of your kit

is it a proper mixing drill this macalister thing with an m14 female end?

if you havnt got much money buy one off ebay they are around £70 ive got a 240v one for if i ever do any domestic its never let me down but doesnt get used that often if your mixing over 6 bags a day 5 days a week you really do need to invest in a quality mixer ie refina/eibenstock mega mixer from £250-£400

Status
Not open for further replies.