Mixing drill repair

Got a refina mixing drill that is on its last legs, only had for about 4 years so a bit disappointed it's packing up. I've replaced the fuse and rewired it but it pops and sparks whenever I give it power, still runs just feels like it's going to blow up.

Is there any way of fixing it or is it new drill time??

Got a refina mixing drill that is on its last legs, only had for about 4 years so a bit disappointed it's packing up. I've replaced the fuse and rewired it but it pops and sparks whenever I give it power, still runs just feels like it's going to blow up.

plenty shops will repair it for £20 mate

For a short term fix, Take the brushes out and clean the copper commutator with white spirit and rag, you can also clean the face of the brushes with some fine emery. Then order new brushes from refina and either replace straight away or wait till it plays up again and replace.
Then spend the £20 you've saved on beer

Well f**k you too.
I don't know of any shops round here that would do it for £20 either. Sound advice though so cheers everyone.
Having to use my spare at the minute which is b+q and s**t.

Quick update, know it was a long time ago but I've just been quoted £230 to fix it. Apparently the armature and brushes have gone. New drill it is then

Trouble is they took long enough to look at it as they was busy and I can only use my crap spare for so long. Might still get a second opinion and just get another one anyway.