Mixer paddles

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydave

Seen a gate paddle for sale on ebay (about 20 quid)
Question is... Is this any good for finish plaster or instead self levelling compounds?
Never seen one before, its size is 8inch x 4inch. Does anyone know.

have you got a link m8 as theres a good one on there like the refina one with the reverse paddle that pulls the plaster in too the water

when you click the link too the paddle there will be a item code on the right hand side copy it on here and ill have a look m8

Gate paddles are good for knocking up backing coats and yes different paddles for different jobs.

I remember my instructor telling me the difference between paddles and how I will want a paddle that is large and twists up the way and not down so as to pull the multi finsih up and not drive down and the smaller the paddle the more mixing the more air through the finish the faster its going to go off .

my 1st paddle was frome screw fix cost me 45 quid was haif the size it should of been and twisted the wrong way , the finish goes of on the board or at least 10 mins sooner than it should on the board, havent had that problem in a while....

i bought a berg paddle from screw fix the other week 140mm basket so not to big and not too small, only 20quid bargin i thought as the other paddel i was goin to buy was a refina one and once i had put the postage on it was gonna cost me 50 or 60 quid just for a paddle, i might as well wait till i buy a mm30

Status
Not open for further replies.