Mixer for haired lime

Members online

pftmonojetman

Private Member
We've been mixing haired lime now for quite a while, we mix it in half cut barrels or the bath I'm using my PFT whisk, trouble is when you've knocked it up the drill looks like a f**k**g bog brush, I'm concerned that it's taking too much hair out of the mortar. Would a horizontal mixer, ie Lotus or similar be better or a batch mixer. Blones, Ryan or Stu. Just need a bit of advice cheers

We've been mixing haired lime now for quite a while, we mix it in half cut barrels or the bath I'm using my PFT whisk, trouble is when you've knocked it up the drill looks like a f**k**g bog brush, I'm concerned that it's taking too much hair out of the mortar. Would a horizontal mixer, ie Lotus or similar be better or a batch mixer. Blones, Ryan or Stu. Just need a bit of advice cheers

I'm unsure to be honest. I will check with Andy. Your more than welcome to come down and we can test it

Have you tried the pumpable lime renders mate?

Mixer for haired lime
Mixer for haired lime
Search for atika pan mixer
Cheers for the link mate, that's very similar to the Batch mixers.
I've just knocked up now this is what I mean

Just bare in mind the size of the drum . If for indoors mainly-100l. The one on the picture is 120l, which you won't be able to get inside a house

I have used a horizontal paddle mixer (screed mixer), ad the hair slowly, pulling it and spreading it over the mix, found that it takes time to incorporate successfully. Paddles get a build up of hair on them, so the first mix has to go back coz there's not enough hair in it, after the paddles are coated, it seems to work. Good luck.
Dropsalot

I just empty a tub out onto my spotboard and knock it up by hand. Doesn't usually take much to get it workable.

we had a cement mixer with wooden paddles so the hair did not tangle. you never stood on the left hand side of the drum as it always splashed.

I swear I had a little belle mixer that could spit round corners. We called it Christeen cos I'm sure it was possessed.