Mixed gone off plaster today

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanD

Last set of the day and the customer drops off 2 bags of MF i forget to check the use by dates, smash up a mix and i get half way through the wall before i realize every time i scoop out the bucket the mix is getting harder lol, quickly get the wall on then check the bags, out comes the spray and float straight away and within 10 minutes the wall was complete! Had to work my ass off to get a decent finish on it and ill see how it turned out in the morning, hopefully wont need a recoat. Wont be making this mistake again, i always prefer to get my own materials i made an exception this time and look what happens haha!
iv kept the remaining half a bag though for little patching jobs, i also need a new bucket.

had this once wickes dropped off a whole pallett to me on a job diddnt think to check it as i had loads of other stuff aswell it was quite a big order so assumed it would be in date..........it was only 3 months out of date haha the wankers.
diddnt realise till id put on a ceilin and 2 walls though and the gear id laid on was dry and my bucket was solid, i just thought i was being slow and thats why the bucket was setting up quick (sometimes i get bored and dordale a bit if its been a long week)

I have had out of date plaster, labourer mixed it, we banged it on, felt funny and looked a bit wrong, would it go off? five f/n hrs...

yep itll go one of 2 ways either likea rocket or itll hang like a brass's fanny lips

A good labourer should always know if its wrong, but they would mix ballast if it were in the wrong coloured bag.."thought you wanted ballast"

Status
Not open for further replies.