metre rate

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian

ive still not put my quote in for a barn con . i was goin to quote on day rate but then got to thinkin about price per metre , it will reward us more if we put more effort in .. so how much is the average for boarding out and insulating .. ive got a price for skimming should i set it just below that ? .. i know most of the lads dont like discussing how much they charge but it would be a great help ..

I dont mind discussing what I charge, I am quite open.

BUt I dont really have much knowledge on boarding out and insulating.

As far as skimming boardwork £4.50 is an ok meter rate

Danny

bloody hell mate thats cheap ... i was thinking around the 8.50 mark for skimming .. thats what i charge ... how do you price up for your boarding then , say you are doing a ceilling , dont you do it by the metre then ?

obviously you can only use meter rate on bigger jobs.
i dont know if thats cheap or not as ive never worked it out.

not sure about danny but when i price a job up i just look at a job and think thats going to take 1 day for example and charge for that day.

if its a big job i add a day or two just in case.

aj

yeh £8.50 per square m for skim sounds about right, especially working domestically. How much do you guys charge for labour on float & set work? for both sand and cement and for modern plaster backgrounds. I normally charge around £16 per square metre

yeah i charge about that for s and c ... this job is big , one room is 104 msq .. so you can see i need to set my rate right for the boarding . not much use goin on the day rate , yeah the job will still get done but the potential to earn is far greater on the metre rate . you will get rewarded far more for your efforts then ... all suggestions are welcome

hmmmm,

right, so if we are talking domestic, I charge between £18 - £22 a m2 for skimming artex and then I look at how long its going to take and awkwardness of the job.

for float and set on site is around £15 m2 depending on depths ect

on site £4.50 for skimming is good cos you just crash through it and there is normally miles of it so you can just keep slinging it on also no clearing up to speak of and you dont buy the materials!!

I did a job at the week end 2 ceilings 4 walls re skim £700 done in 1 day (7ish hours) and 4 hours the night before....lovely

Hope this helps

Danny

damm thats nice wage.

i didnt think sites used plasterer's no more?
thought it was all tape and joint?

aj

Status
Not open for further replies.