Meterage price

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a few extensions coming up and the builders are up to there old tricks again! They Wanna know how much I charge per meter for skimming for labour only. They all wanna make money on ya does my head in!

What would you say a good meterage price was based? Or what would you want per meter?

we are based in Leicester

Never ever do I do meter age work, look and price ,extensions on a metre rate, they need hanging for asking

I had a builder ring and ask me the same question last week so, i said " are you talking about travelling expenses?"

I had a builder ring and ask me the same question last week so, i said " are you talking about travelling expenses?"
Had a similar conversation, told him I,was not interested in metre rates, he got me to do it on day work in the end, hundreds of columns, shadow gap beads etc..

It's like owt,if you have loads to go at it comes down in price,no one is going to pay 15m2 if its massive and straightforward ,if they are just little shittie extensions,day rate all the way.

If you do it on a day rate you'll be worse off. I mean just say you said £4 a metre you only gotta do 50m2 for £200. I only do day rate on tricky stuff.

I think you should be able to give a builder a price unless it is realy out of the ordinary not by the M2 but you should be able to look at it and work out how long its going to take and price accordingly everyone wants to know what something is going to cost and builders these days wont be happy taking dayworkers on as they to are generally on a tight price.

If you do it on a day rate you'll be worse off. I mean just say you said £4 a metre you only gotta do 50m2 for £200. I only do day rate on tricky stuff.

By the looks of it you've answered your own question there? How can anyone be expected to give you a m2 price on a job that they've not seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.