Mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
We were cutting mesh today and had some fiddly lead detail to go round so we part nailed it at the top hung it over cut it then hung the next piece over the nail and fixed it in the next corner etc was so tempted to hammer the nails in and go over it it seemed like a good system could you do this or does the mesh have to be bedded into the base coat it's up210

Ive seen mesh stapled to S&C backing coat and then Mono over, dont think its a good idea though.

i was always of the understanding it had to be in the middle off the reinforcing coat, so as to create maximum bond and strength

as the two above

always fully embedded in the adhesive coat and always in the top third of the overall depth as in closest third to the surface with two thirds behind it

Bit off topic, but who supplies you with the mesh.

Just paid £55 plus vat for a roll. Was getting it from a guy who works for the council for £15 a roll, but he got caught borrowing it.

Bit off topic, but who supplies you with the mesh.

Just paid £55 plus vat for a roll. Was getting it from a guy who works for the council for £15 a roll, but he got caught borrowing it.

There are many suppliers mate, i tend to get it off whoever is supplying my mats for a particular job, Marmorit ,Parex L&D etc

Got some from R&J but the stuff was crap @ £22 per roll.

Powerwalls Alumasc is good but bloody expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.