Mesh in the rendaid??

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it better to use a serrated edge level/darby to rule off or just use a normal featheredge/darby??

I use a serrated edge. A straight edge looks flat but a serrated will show every slight hollow so you cannot get it wrong when scraping back. Bit of a drag though having to flatten the lines out. Avoids air bubbles too.

with regards to using a serrated level to straighten the mono. do you use it on the 1st pass to straighten that coat as well as the top coat??? sorry about all the questions just dont wanna fcuk this up...might even get the job started if the weather stops pissing about

What you could do is use serrated for first pass, then it wouldn't matter if it skinned providing you got onto it same day with the second pass. You would also have a key for your 2nd pass. If you need to do second pass another day SBR it and go for it.

with regards to using a serrated level to straighten the mono. do you use it on the 1st pass to straighten that coat as well as the top coat??? sorry about all the questions just dont wanna fcuk this up...might even get the job started if the weather stops pissing about
Just get it on neat don't bother ruling the first pass

If its old brickwork get the wall flat first with sand and cement makes the whole job go smoother.

Personally I think the first pass should always be ruled using a Speedskim as due to their fantastic lateral rigidity you'll get it so much straighter/flatter than using an aluminium rule be it toothed or not. Also because you're using a fantastic new cutting edge product you'll be able to crash on many many more metres a day.

Update from my first post......thought i would get a mate to machine the gable end with mono on to save time and get it finished in a day, So he sets up puts on about 10 bags and the machine goes tits up so he pulls the hoses apart, flushes them out and we crack on, got another 10 bags and and it happens again so we hand balled the rest of the gable on.1st experience with a machine was mixed ( or not mixing ), when it goes its canny but you lose loads of time when its goes tits up......helping him on another job soon so hopefully it goes better..........just a shame it was on my job not his......

Update from my first post......thought i would get a mate to machine the gable end with mono on to save time and get it finished in a day, So he sets up puts on about 10 bags and the machine goes tits up so he pulls the hoses apart, flushes them out and we crack on, got another 10 bags and and it happens again so we hand balled the rest of the gable on.1st experience with a machine was mixed ( or not mixing ), when it goes its canny but you lose loads of time when its goes tits up......helping him on another job soon so hopefully it goes better..........just a shame it was on my job not his......

nature of the beast, there a masterstroke when your machines running well, on the rare ocassion when they pack in, its game over.

nature of the beast, there a masterstroke when your machines running well, on the rare ocassion when they pack in, its game over.

Ya not wrong there marra..........canny messy as well with the machine

I always first pass and mesh over whole area , iron out out mesh then apply top coat once skin has formed to save sagging and scrape down same day don't seem to get any problems and haven't any come backs yet!! I use serrated straight edge and spatula but find u got to be quick applying by hand

I have slipped off my steps before and took a chunk out the wall while scraping down and Had to go back next day and patch and that was a bitch !!

Status
Not open for further replies.