Mesh in skim

Members online

LTJ

Usually bed rend mesh into Bonding on uneven walls before skimming but next job using carlite finish doesn’t need the bonding, is bedding the mesh into the carlite gonna be easy to put a nice 2nd coat onto or a headache

I did a rather tricky curve the other day 3 bags of bonding just to get it level with mesh bedded in builder said will it be ok I said I don’t really care next time let me board it if ya want it doing right! Swings and roundabouts!

I did a rather tricky curve the other day 3 bags of bonding just to get it level with mesh bedded in builder said will it be ok I said I don’t really care next time let me board it if ya want it doing right! Swings and roundabouts!
Customers boarding seems to be the fashion round here atm, like crazy paving but on a ceiling

Customers boarding seems to be the fashion round here atm, like crazy paving but on a ceiling
Somebody sent me a pic other day of a kitchen ceiling he boarded,just wanted price for skimming it,he put all boards up arse over tit brown side showing

Just a bit of a thicker second coat than usual? Or press the mesh right through and get the first coat tidy as you would usually
It’s a bit slower , but not too much , press it in as flat as possible, let the first coat pull in a bit

Just a bit of a thicker second coat than usual? Or press the mesh right through and get the first coat tidy as you would usually
A joiner told me other day he was better at boarding than any plasterer I said yeah you’re works sound but no need for the extra 2000 screws you put in and not even a mm gap in one board! Welcome to cracksville!

A joiner told me other day he was better at boarding than any plasterer I said yeah you’re works sound but no need for the extra 2000 screws you put in and not even a mm gap in one board! Welcome to cracksville!
Seen boarding done by a so called plasterer and the amount of screws had practically split the board in half, his multi on a barrelled ceiling was lovely and washed out aswell:love:

I agree mate I prefer to use bonding to bed the mesh into I had a similar job last year customer didn't want the bonding and mesh didn't wanna pay the extra price so I just used skim instead,bed the first coat let it pull in abit then a nice second coat and your golden

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1591048451405.jpg
    FB_IMG_1591048451405.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 214
  • FB_IMG_1591048472408.jpg
    FB_IMG_1591048472408.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 210
  • FB_IMG_1591048570994.jpg
    FB_IMG_1591048570994.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 240
I agree mate I prefer to use bonding to bed the mesh into I had a similar job last year customer didn't want the bonding and mesh didn't wanna pay the extra price so I just used skim instead,bed the first coat let it pull in abit then a nice second coat and your golden
(y) Was worried the skim wouldn’t imbed the mesh as well as the bonding does

I’m going over some old s+c that the old skim had fell off coz the dafty never devil floated it, gonna blue grit it for a key but should I PVA to kill the suction before putting the blue grit on, never use it much but just want the key as reassurance

I’m going over some old s+c that the old skim had fell off coz the dafty never devil floated it, gonna blue grit it for a key but should I PVA to kill the suction before putting the blue grit on, never use it much but just want the key as reassurance

I find blue grit helps kill the suction. Just stir it up well.

A joiner I know always gets the boarding on some of my jobs. I pick at his boarding cause it’s not as good as mine and he just turns to me and says “my boarding is better than your joinery”
He’s right :ROFLMAO:

A joiner I know always gets the boarding on some of my jobs. I pick at his boarding cause it’s not as good as mine and he just turns to me and says “my boarding is better than your joinery”
He’s right :ROFLMAO:
One way to look at it I suppose

You could put a well watered PVA on first to take the dryness out. Grit will go on a lot easier and will go further. If wall really dry the watery PVA would prevent the grit sitting (or peeling) on the surface.

You could put a well watered PVA on first to take the dryness out. Grit will go on a lot easier and will go further. If wall really dry the watery PVA would prevent the grit sitting (or peeling) on the surface.
Cheers mate I think I’ll do that with it being old sand and cement