Mesh for brick to block join

Members online

sammoseley

Hi, got to s&c render a wall where wall starters have been used to tie new block work into existing brick, so there’s a vertical mortar join all the way down. Also gotta float the other side of the same wall with bonding which has the same join. Was planning on using some of that plastic/fibre mesh sheet stuff bedded into the scratch coats for both the render and bonding to stop the line cracking? Am I on the right lines, any advice muchos appreciated, never used the mesh before, seems a newish thing or I’ve never noticed it in the past.

It's not new mate comes in several different colours and thickness as well,.... U twisting my melon man!

It's not new mate comes in several different colours and thickness as well,.... U twisting my melon man!
Cheers. Not done much of this for about 15 years and back then I’d always bang some EML on before starting, the mesh looks decent tho assuming I can bed it into the scratch coat

Hi, got to s&c render a wall where wall starters have been used to tie new block work into existing brick, so there’s a vertical mortar join all the way down. Also gotta float the other side of the same wall with bonding which has the same join. Was planning on using some of that plastic/fibre mesh sheet stuff bedded into the scratch coats for both the render and bonding to stop the line cracking? Am I on the right lines, any advice muchos appreciated, never used the mesh before, seems a newish thing or I’ve never noticed it in the past.
2B236B34-0CBF-41CD-B72E-72763EB9F7C9.jpeg
Now get to bed!
Stupid boy!!