Mercedes Benz are about to make trowels!!!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly

Private Member
They're not really............ I lied :)

But what are you like about trade names and trusted brands?

Do you only buy Marshalltown, Tyzac or Spear and Jackson or do you just buy anything?

Saying a trusted name like Mercedes were to introduce a new trowel would it make you want to try it?

Mercedes make quality vehicles, thats a fact, but they are expensive which is another fact.

What sways you............ quality or price?

If Mercedes did make trowels, I wonder if they'd rust as quickly as their vans?

As for your question..... quality every time.

I always buy the best... why buy anything less?

Its a tool that earns you a lot of money... now the question is what makes it the best?

I have had to buy shitty tools and they have out lasted the branded tools!

Danny

you will sell new tools mate regardless were a curious bunch, plastering tools arent really expensive so the best is normally affordable

spunky said:
you will sell new tools mate regardless were a curious bunch, plastering tools arent really expensive so the best is normally affordable

Funny you should say that, as the other day I was talking to a joiner and he was saying about how much they spend on kit

His DeWalt chop saw was £600 and has 4 or 5 other tools that are over £100.

It made me think

Which tradesman has the cheapest essentials?......Its either us or brickies I think.

roadsweepers...

as for the name vs quality thing...

i used to be a nut for all the best name stuff, every power tool i owned was a makita at one point...

then i got sick of stuff getting nicked...

and i also got sick of them not being all their cracked up to be, seems to me that a company builds a reputation by producing quality gear, becomes popular, then the time and motion blokes get started on the production line and the people who source the parts get them cheaper at the lowest bidder and all that 'quality' is out the window... usually caused by one company purchasing another (who owns dewalt these days?)

a good tradesman can make a good job with a tool costing half the price... my chop saw is now a knackered 'nu tool' but i can still cut a mitre... its all about how you fix said mitre, nothing to do with the tool...

within reason all of the above, i wouldnt buy a cordless screwdriver without an electonic brake (yes you can still buy em, bout 20 quid, 18 hour charge etc) the same way i wouldnt buy one of those silly 'trowel sets' off the market for a fiver but im happy to use a evo twister mixer and a ragni trowel..

though with regard to trowels there is a definate 'feel' to a certain brand and once you get used to it its dificult to change, i dont think its really about the quality..

yeah if thhey made trowels I wouldnt touch one with a barge pole if it got wet, like it will, you would be left with just a handle in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.