memory lane.

I would Never use a plunger again just get a cordless and a small whisk ,it will mix up a small tub of skim or bonding great for those small jobs

This little plunger has earned me thousands...
IMG_3590.JPG

....of FOOKIN aches n' pains, but it is Christmas....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

I would Never use a plunger again just get a cordless and a small whisk ,it will mix up a small tub of skim or bonding great for those small jobs

i do see plasterers on small works using a cordless drill. they purchase one, keep the receipt, and return it as soon as they burn it out for a replacement.

i do see plasterers on small works using a cordless drill. they purchase one, keep the receipt, and return it as soon as they burn it out for a replacement.
I actually have a 21.6v Panasonic cordless that got demoted to mixer for tile adhesive, but it has on occasion knocked up a bucket of skim. I have 2 plungers and they never ever even go in the van. No interest in that anymore, old boss used to make me mix by hand often just cos he didn't want to burn out his cheapo b&q drill.

Remember when the boards came in pairs taped together? There was a knack to tear of one end then snap to release the other side. :coffee:
Ahhh..........back in da day , grey side for plaster ivory side for cheapo talentless joint finish....
That's what I thought then, nowadays if I can talk them into jointing....thatll do.

Often as an apprentice I had regular nightmares about those bags of 'Carlite'. Had some horrific days trying to keep spreaders going with a f**k**g rake and bath.

Defo up there with screed as the hardest going mix. :)

When I was labouring and working with the screeder (bloke about 55) , I would have to shovel 15 tonnes of sand through the screed pump a day - then I had to 'run' to also cut and lay jablite and wire it...he was an animal of a bloke

When I was labouring and working with the screeder (bloke about 55) , I would have to shovel 15 tonnes of sand through the screed pump a day - then I had to 'run' to also cut and lay jablite and wire it...he was an animal of a bloke

Liked. Did the same myself. Labouring and laying. Old boy I worked with was in his 60s.

Often as an apprentice I had regular nightmares about those bags of 'Carlite'. Had some horrific days trying to keep spreaders going with a f**k**g rake and bath.

Defo up there with screed as the hardest going mix. :)

yup... hated doing hardwall in a bath.... best thing I did was bin the bath and cut down a water but :D