Medway/Kent work wanted

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

willriseley

Hi guy im currently 25 and working for a maintenance firm doing stupid work for stupid money and desperatly want to learn to plaster. I am saving to go on some courses to learn more but am currently reading anything I can, spending hours on here reading all I can find and also practising at home on any wall/ceiling I can find and also at work but is what im after is someone to take me in and show me everything and in return I can offer a lot of hard work doing anything from cleaning trowels to mixing to even buying glass screws:RpS_lol: if needed.

I still need to earn a wage but am prepared to earn less in exchange for the knowledge I could gain. I am self employed and have transport and tools and just want to learn all i can.

Once we get in to flow in the new year I will see what we can do. I take it you wanna jack the other maintanace job in?

To be honest we have plenty on forthe beginning of the year, but i like many others cant predict the flow of work and couldnt offer the security you may already have.

Stick around mate, get involved in the discussions as best you can......:RpS_wink:

Hopefully something will come up........:RpS_thumbup:

cheers guys, ideally looking to get out of where im working as I think it wont be long before they appear on cowboy builders and I do not want my name anywhere near that. lets just say shocking comes to mind with some of the work that they do. Be nice to start out with someone and then learn and become part of the team.

i work for a firm in strood so have a fair distance to travel to work. I just need to find something/someone local who is willing to teach me and who I can help as much as I possibly can really.

to be honest mate you are going to find it very hard to find what you want..dont waste your money on plastering course tho ..just keep ringing round local plasterers till someone gives you ago mate and dont tell people you can do something that you cant do just be honest..are you a swampy? lol

cheers Lewis, not a resident swampy im originally from Ashford but the missus is from here and propertys cheaper here. Building wise I can do most stuff its just the actual plastering side of stuff I want to learn and get into

What do you need a week?

You need to run a house, van etc so i need to know a realist amount that means your gonna stick with it otherwise its all a bit pointless.

Also we do every aspect of plastering so we wouldn't be training you up in skimming straight away as we have done this before and the bloke pissed of as he thought he was a plasterer and could go alone. He couldn't :flapper:

I rather be upfront and tell you like it is before I even think about bringing it up with my old man.

currier plastering uprfront is the best way to be. If i could find somebody to work with then I certainly would be loyal to them. Im currently earning £80 a day using all my own tools and my own transport as well which kind of low for what i am doing but i understand that as a learner I would be worth less but thats about what I need to keep afloat here at home. As I say im happy doing most other building work and have around 6 years experience of a lot of trades from carpentry to plumbing so can do a lot of work other than plastering.

Anything out there now as the work is picking up? Really need to get away from what Im doing as right now id rather be earning less money but enjoying my life than working in a job I hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.