Mastic asphalt

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimmin2day

Guys ... I want to learn how to lay mastic ashphalt floors,is there any damp proofing guys that can put me in the right direction for GOOD training courses , or even on the job training ?????.im based in the east midlands

do you mean the asphalt you warm up if so you will need a pot andburner and the buckets that weigh a ton ive done a bit but years ago layed onfibreglass matting its not that hard but you would have to go with someone to learn it and a selection of wooden floats

Yeah thats the stuff,you lay it over 1 -2 layers of fiberglass meshing,it comes in a molten state.
I have access to the burner and pot, and will buy all the hand tools i need.
i just need to see someone do it or go on a training course.

a mate of mine use to have his own company his own wagon and burner i done a couple of floors with him when he was pulled out its quite good work but very warm and smoky you also need a good labourer bringing it in for you

To be honest im thinking about getting more into basement convertions and flood repair/damp proofing etc.
Theres not many doing it round my way, and with my existing multi trade skills and contacts i could see the job out till the end i.e full conversions repainting flooring tiling kitchen plumbing the lot.
im getting to a stage in my life where im sick of going out quoting at 6-7 at night an coming home doing paperwork and invoices quotes etc etc.
Would prefer to see more jobs through till the end for longer periods and quote less /less paper work etc etc.
I got 2 kids under 5 and a 3rd on the way and i hardly see them !!! im either working like a dog quoting or typing up quotes if you add it all up im putting in 60 -70 hrs a week, ineed to get larger domestic contracts not bothered if it pays more or less but jobs that last for weeks/months rather than days/weeks.Si i have more free good family time.
Im seriously considering going into damproffing and tanking ashphalting silicone injection etc .

Status
Not open for further replies.