Massive hits/gauges with speed skim thanks to tpf

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dai dog

Hi guys, we got asked to help out another spread who's a good friend to do a job he couldn't take on, on his own. This place is the restaurant/bar of a caravan park, over the last 2days we've layed on 355m2 ov skimming, and we've got a lot to do today! There's 2plasterers, & 2 labourers who can lay on as well, when done the gauges as rolling sets to keep on top of them, & one falling back to speed skim the work. The speed skim has been invaluable on this job guys, & proved to be a real good tool. There's been a lot of debate about its productivity, but on this particular job, we would never have been able to keep it all under controll without it, so really has earned us (a lot more money). The speed skim + a little bit of cream of tartar + the plastic trowell + a good system,has really been a winning formula! The other spread is as traditional as they come, but the best all round plasterer I know of. He isn't youre typical small minded plasterer who isn't willing to to learn new things, although he's been doing it 29 years, although he was overwhelmed by the speed skim, and a couple ov other tools such as the plastic trowell, to be honest I wouldn't ever have known about these things if it weren't for the forum, so a big thank you to tpf as we'll! Over & out, Rhys.

Thats 85m2 a day per plasterer with a lab who can lay on, dont think theres all that much cause for cream of tartar and a speed skim tbh.

What is cream of tartar does that mean water

its for baking..................its like when customers say "i bet your good at mixing cakes " when ya knocking up a gauge of skimming..........................:RpS_thumbup:

Mixing bucket - put tablespoon of cot into water then add multi and mix ?

old bloke i knew used to throw a cup of tea in the gauge, said it did the same thing. cold tea. and another used to swear that having a piss would work. something to do with uric acid or something. oh, and lemon juice ...... :RpS_unsure:

don't quote me, like. i'm unsure as to the veracity of the claims.

We have 12wk random pi55 tests now on site lost some decent blokes to some sneaky tactics:RpS_sneaky:

We have 12wk random pi55 tests now on site lost some decent blokes to some sneaky tactics:RpS_sneaky:

apparently this is why E became the recreational drug of choice for many white collar workers in the USA because it is out of your system within 24 to 48 hrs apparently. Seem to remember seeing it on some discovery channel doc

You really are a sad bloke .... if you put the finish on flat ( yeh, I know you would struggle ) you can manage without the speedskim... now do you get it ?
a good plasterer would flatten his first coat regardless of how well it's been laid on, err obviously you don't........

a good plasterer would flatten his first coat regardless of how well it's been laid on, err obviously you don't........

What about you spongebob ?? a good plasterer doesnt have to '' flatten his 1st coat u nob.... if hes a good plasterer it will be flat anyway..

its not that random if its every 12 weeks :rolleyes)
And not every 12 wks, last summer they turned up on a thursday morning tested random names out the signing in book, that should of been it for 3 months, but they then turned up again the following tues the sneaky fookers.

Fukin hell, never heard that before.

i remember getting a few g off a floor layer when working on sheffield uni, it was a Friday and suppose to be for me and a few mates that night, needless to say we both ended up sampling it a work.

Not much got done that day.

i went out that night gave everyone there money back and said fuk you, I'm having all this, you'll have to sort yourselves out.

Status
Not open for further replies.