Marshalltown 16 “ permashape gold

Good evening chaps has anybody purchased a Marshalltown recently, I’ve been to Screwfix to purchase a 16” this morning & all 3 that I looked at when you eye it down the edge of the trowel are bent as a bag of crisps .I know they’ve got a bit of flex in them , just wondering if they’re all like that , as don’t want to purchase one online & have the same issues . Thx

ice drop.gif

Good evening chaps has anybody purchased a Marshalltown recently, I’ve been to Screwfix to purchase a 16” this morning & all 3 that I looked at when you eye it down the edge of the trowel are bent as a bag of crisps .I know they’ve got a bit of flex in them , just wondering if they’re all like that , as don’t want to purchase one online & have the same issues . Thx

thats a banana trowel. all of the perashape ones are bent . i gave mine away but some people get by with them.

@essexandy

there not skimming trowels
there good for floating

bent as fuuck

let the trowels do the work for you (y)

there not skimming trowels
there good for floating

bent as fuuck

let the trowels do the work for you (y)

I've used Permashape for years. Only trowels in my toolbox now.

marmite.jpg

Personally, I get on ok with SS Permashape, but plastering is chock-full of differing opinions on what's good or bad, right or wrong - whatever works for each individual works for each individual...

View attachment 57664

Personally, I get on ok with SS Permashape, but plastering is chock-full of differing opinions on what's good or bad, right or wrong - whatever works for each individual works for each individual...
I agree with that , I was just questioning if anyone had any issues when purchasing one with how bent they are . I might travel to another stockists & see if they’re any better

I agree with that , I was just questioning if anyone had any issues when purchasing one with how bent they are . I might travel to another stockists & see if they’re any better

If I place my 16" SS permashape flat against a wall, there's a gap of about 1mm at the heel, and about 3mm at the toe.

the duraflex are on special offer on the marshalltown tools web page. about £46 reduced from £80. stock due in jan.

i am with the duraflex. it is a completely different trowel to other flex trowels so is the price ! it is a SS with wooden handle and it does need to be broken in. i do like to use this trowel.

Thanks. Was just asking out of idle curiosity.

I see DeWalt have recently released some similar trowels (0.7, 0.5, 0.4mm, all single-layer), and of course Refina do a 0.5mm Finatex 2, so there must be some folks who get on with them OK.

I'm quite happy with my Marmite/Banana 16", but it intrigues me that a few people like to use a more flexible (**single-layer) trowel for laying-on - I would've thought it'd be harder to avoid ripples (esp. on reskims) when trying to get the plaster flat, but if it works for you, then fair enough, and not everyone mixes their gear with the same ratio of water, etc. etc. (y)

Thanks. Was just asking out of idle curiosity.

I see DeWalt have recently released some similar trowels (0.7, 0.5, 0.4mm, all single-layer), and of course Refina do a 0.5mm Finatex 2, so there must be some folks who get on with them OK.

I'm quite happy with my Marmite/Banana 16", but it intrigues me that a few people like to use a more flexible (**single-layer) trowel for laying-on - I would've thought it'd be harder to avoid ripples (esp. on reskims) when trying to get the plaster flat, but if it works for you, then fair enough, and not everyone mixes their gear with the same ratio of water, etc. etc. (y)

the dura flex has a lot stiffer blade then the other flex trowels. the tang is riveted to the blade.

Got on start of year mate mine was more all less straight, got it from twtoolsuperstore greattrowel.

thats them. i have had my one a couple of years now the only difference mine has a wooden handle.
@malc I’ve just had one of these delivered but the 16in and it says permashape on it? I’m so confused

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 190