marshall town mahagoney darby

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richie

has anyone seen them on transtool would you use one on sand and cement be a shame to get it dirty ;D

richie said:
well yea .iwas just suprised to see one like you say all you see is alley ones :)

They have gone 'old school' with it, why do you think they have done that?

My opinion is its to make money rather than come up with a better product.

Except darbys progressed to aluminium for a reason, they can mass produce one out of ali for around 30 quid and its better than its wooden predecessor.

Mahogany has some sort of aura about it, like the caviar of wood so it seems like its worth its 40 odd quid price tag

But who knows if a piece of cheap (german word) pine would do the same job?

just trying to get your dollar i suspose . could nt belive the price of them mag feather edges id want a gold one for that money :)

richie said:
just trying to get your dollar i suspose . could nt belive the price of them mag feather edges id want a gold one for that money :)

If your thinking of getting a darby just wait a bit..............I've heard rumours.

nelly said:
essexandy said:
skimmin2day said:
what do u think we used b4 alloy ones come out?

How (french word)ing old are you Skimmin? my old man had ali feather edges forty years ago.

You sure? I thought they only came in about 25 years ago

When I started 29 years ago the feather edge that I used to do the bits around the frames was already ancient. I can remember my old man using a file to straighten up the edge where it had gone out of straight by rubbing on the door linings and screeds.

kebab king said:
I bet that was a good old rule as well andy.

You're not wrong, people don't realise that there are different grades of ali. The heavier ali is also more rigid and harder wearing, I never look to buy a feather edge because it's "nice and light", the good ones are not as easy to get hold of as most spreads just want what's light and cheap.

steve cov said:
andy thats not the reason your walls are always (french word)ed. thats an excuse

Oh no Steve my walls are pissed because I'm a useless t**t, I can't understand why I never get tumbled ::)

bought a nice mahogany float for running up internals yesterday used it today works a treat

nelly said:
richie said:
well yea .iwas just suprised to see one like you say all you see is alley ones :)

They have gone 'old school' with it, why do you think they have done that?

My opinion is its to make money rather than come up with a better product.

Except darbys progressed to aluminium for a reason, they can mass produce one out of ali for around 30 quid and its better than its wooden predecessor.

Mahogany has some sort of aura about it, like the caviar of wood so it seems like its worth its 40 odd quid price tag

But who knows if a piece of cheap (german word) pine would do the same job?

no mate its all to do with the wood, some swells more when it is wet ;)

kirk johnstone said:
no mate its all to do with the wood, some swells more when it is wet ;)

Well lets say it does swell, and by say 5%.

Hardly any difference really and is it even a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.