Marmorit Spec

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
What would the spec be to fit a 50mm warm wall system directly to 10mm marine ply be ???

I have had a look on their website and all I can find is steel frame or masonry.

Thanks
Rich

base track or is that not needed ?
Its not ewi but 50mm Phenolic boards. can this still be cut with the pft hot cutter or does this only work on eps ?

What type of building is it rich ? you may need the cavity rail system all sorts of things affect the installation on timber such as hight, frame type etc

you could do as gary says if it is direct fix with no cavity

how high is the build? is it an extension? or a new dwelling?

Sounds like the frame is sheathed with ply direct to the subframe, best way forward here is felt then u gonna need a cavity with some ventilation for nhbc if they need mortgage insurance. try the rail system or the batten/stud system

I agree goody any vented system destroys the uvalue - certain render reps even agree with me but the systems remain and the cavity must go in for regs.

best option I put forward is counter batten/renderboard/direct thin coat render (no insulation) for the exact reason you say butt, but thay still spec insulation????? Last frame i did I told them to insulate the subframe cavity they used 250mm then I just applied render carrier on a counter batten with a 25mm cavity and rendered the board with a thin coat. the subframe must be protected from the elements because there have been failed timber frames in the past so regs kicked in

Status
Not open for further replies.