Mapei on render board advice

Members online

Billvis

This is partially aimed at p1ss, but anybody elses input or alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Went to see a job before Christmas for a developer who we do loads of work for. He's adding a blockwork extension to a 30's engineering brick bungalow and wants to render the lot.

To keep the thickness down because of brick dentils being added to top two course I suggested a 10mm OCR and I'll give him the options of sponged or extra for silicone, and I thought about the mapei because the price seems good. So far so straightforward.

He's also putting a loft conversion in and wants rendered dormers. What products would I need in order to match the finishes proposed for the rest of the place?

Usually use Parex maite on boards as a base and never had a problem, despite it being like plastering readybrek, but interested in an alternative if cheaper.

Tah

Johnstones thin coat system is good for quality and price. It can go over aquapanel if that's your carrier board of choice.
Cheers mate. Only seen it stocked in selco and the price is crap (but that's selco). Where do you get it from?

Is it the high flex base you use and if so could it be sponged and painted if that's what he wants to go for? He tends to go for the cheapest option as he sells em straight on.

Cheers mate. Only seen it stocked in selco and the price is crap (but that's selco). Where do you get it from?

Is it the high flex base you use and if so could it be sponged and painted if that's what he wants to go for? He tends to go for the cheapest option as he sells em straight on.
I get it direct from johnstones. Give them a bell for the local reps number. Yeh you need the flex Base coat for the carrier boards.
Av not not painted but can't see why not

AR1 GG basecost for the boards mate. If you drop me an email with the m2 I will work a quote out for you

ryan@pftcentral.co.uk

Thanks for replying on new year's day Ryan. I wouldn't have held it against you if you waited til Tuesday. I've already ignored one customer today :whistle:

He's given me the drawings so I'll do a take off in the week and email you for a quote.

This is partially aimed at p1ss, but anybody elses input or alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Went to see a job before Christmas for a developer who we do loads of work for. He's adding a blockwork extension to a 30's engineering brick bungalow and wants to render the lot.

To keep the thickness down because of brick dentils being added to top two course I suggested a 10mm OCR and I'll give him the options of sponged or extra for silicone, and I thought about the mapei because the price seems good. So far so straightforward.

He's also putting a loft conversion in and wants rendered dormers. What products would I need in order to match the finishes proposed for the rest of the place?

Usually use Parex maite on boards as a base and never had a problem, despite it being like plastering readybrek, but interested in an alternative if cheaper.

Tah

Hello mate

Feel free to drop me a mail or call to assist with the boarding specification and detailing. With boarding abutting existing block work, and dorma roof elements, need to detail correctly to avoid cracking and ensure ventilation

Happy to assist

Richard Lord
Knauf
Aquapanel Specification Manager
rlord@knauf.co.uk