Makita.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyM

Private Member
Thought I'd give Makita the benefit of the doubt and yesterday I ordered a framing nail gun. It turned up at lunchtime and guess what?.............it doesn't f**k**g work.

Lol,I have a paslode(not that I really needed one) but was at an auction and got it for £52 it was like new and it has come in handy,I'm guessing the makita is similar? What do you think is wrong with it tony?

Lol,I have a paslode(not that I really needed one) but was at an auction and got it for £52 it was like new and it has come in handy,I'm guessing the makita is similar? What do you think is wrong with it tony?
Seems like the pin that hits the nails is seized up. Wasted an hour f**k**g about with it. Typical as I have 300m of noggins and a load of studs to build next week. Wanted the Hilti but it's another £130 and TBH I wouldn't use it that often. Anyway, told them I don't want a replacement, just to collect it and refund me. I have mates with Paslodes and they say they are temperamental.

Seems like the pin that hits the nails is seized up. Wasted an hour f**k**g about with it. Typical as I have 300m of noggins and a load of studs to build next week. Wanted the Hilti but it's another £130 and TBH I wouldn't use it that often. Anyway, told them I don't want a replacement, just to collect it and refund me. I have mates with Paslodes and they say they are temperamental.

I've had a few different gun but tbh paslode is the best out of a bad bunch

Yep paslode best but needs care and attention. The pneumatics' were great never missed a beat but trailing hoses and noisy compressors were annoying.

That's a shame and not good that you haven't even used it,the paslodes can be temperamental they need to be cleaned out regular

Oops Pressed post button before I finished...They need oiling also and after that they can still play up,are makita going to give you the refund bud?

I'm just going to get a Hilti. Been using one that belongs to a chippy on site and it's a nice bit of kit. It'll match the rest of my tools too.

Hilti is 440+vat cheaper than a paslode. I got 2 paslode and a Hitachi for 2nd fix. Never had problems with any of it, as long as you clean them and oil them they are bees knees. Although if you want value for money get a Hitachi framing one fraction the price of the others.

Hilti is 440+vat cheaper than a paslode. I got 2 paslode and a Hitachi for 2nd fix. Never had problems with any of it, as long as you clean them and oil them they are bees knees. Although if you want value for money get a Hitachi framing one fraction the price of the others.
I know mate. Thought I'd give Makita a chance again but f**k 'em now. Wanted the Hilti but tried to save a few quid. It cost me time and money instead because I'll have to hire one now for a day or two until the refund is sorted and I can order a red one.

Only trouble that hilti using clipped head nails, and someone said that nhbc only approves round head ones now, not sure if is affecting you tho. Depends on what line of work you doing.

Only trouble that hilti using clipped head nails, and someone said that nhbc only approves round head ones now, not sure if is affecting you tho. Depends on what line of work you doing.
I don't do site work as such. Certainly not NHBC stuff.

Brought my hitachi cordless drill to repair shop today and repair guy did the little solder it needed while I watched. Asked him best band of general tools to buy as he fixes everything. Hilti are the best no question he told me, followed by Hitachi.
Repair shop I used to go to (retired now) said best plastering drills on the market are Bosch, bar none. He's never had to replace a Bosch motor in 30 yrs of trading.
Me Hitachi repair wasn't great tho as there's smoke coming out of it now, which isn't necessarily a good sign

Actually got the gun to fire today, but only one nail and the pin wouldn't return to fire the next one.

Brought my hitachi cordless drill to repair shop today and repair guy did the little solder it needed while I watched. Asked him best band of general tools to buy as he fixes everything. Hilti are the best no question he told me, followed by Hitachi.
Repair shop I used to go to (retired now) said best plastering drills on the market are Bosch, bar none. He's never had to replace a Bosch motor in 30 yrs of trading.
Me Hitachi repair wasn't great tho as there's smoke coming out of it now, which isn't necessarily a good sign

Keep saying the Bosch drills are better than the mega mixer.
Simply indestructible.

The standard of makita drill drivers have plume tred as well :(

Need to replace my 10 year old one but I don't think it will last :-( Hitachi seem to be getting better reputations now

Hitachi is ok for its price, if it packs up cheaper to get a new one than repair it. If you want quality and power you have to have metabo, spit or milwaukee. Non of these dewalt-Hitachi-Makita-bosch and their clones nonsense are long lasting especially with the flimsy lion batteries what they come with, they only good as they just el-cheapo and can get it in any corner shops

Hitachi is ok for its price, if it packs up cheaper to get a new one than repair it. If you want quality and power you have to have metabo, spit or milwaukee. Non of these dewalt-Hitachi-Makita-bosch and their clones nonsense are long lasting especially with the flimsy lion batteries what they come with, they only good as they just el-cheapo and can get it in any corner shops

makita use to be the= way forward though :-(

For me, metabo are the guvnors.

Any tests between the big companies are smashed by metabo. None come close. Hilti are ok and bosch for me. Makita did used to be one of the front runners but have dropped off a bit same for dewalt.

You don't see Metabo in many tool shops. Are they like Hilti where you deal direct?

You can get it direct or from ffx.com or toolstop.com there's a catalogue online if you go direct so you can pic and mix. I just bought their collated screwgun it's light and likes cheap screws.

For me, metabo are the guvnors.

Any tests between the big companies are smashed by metabo. None come close. Hilti are ok and bosch for me. Makita did used to be one of the front runners but have dropped off a bit same for dewalt.
Dewalt have always been pants

Status
Not open for further replies.