Makita Radio

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody rate the Bosch 18v soundboxx radios? Have the batteries to run it and was wondering if they are any good

Unless you run Makita kit and have Makita batterys id look into another one mate, Bosch, Hitachi, milwalkee etc I've had my Makita radio for 2 years and had nothing but problems as had 3 of my mates. Stopped running off batterys, mains cable distorts signal, doest pick up hardly any dab stations, the speakers are bassy too

Unless you run Makita kit and have Makita batterys id look into another one mate, Bosch, Hitachi, milwalkee etc I've had my Makita radio for 2 years and had nothing but problems as had 3 of my mates. Stopped running off batterys, mains cable distorts signal, doest pick up hardly any dab stations, the speakers are bassy too
Really? That's surprising, I've been working with a joiner last few weeks who has one and sound is great he's not had any problems as far as I know. There is a newer model that's out so maybe sorted the problems you've had

Hitachis got shite batteries, I got 2 drills, 1 impact, a cordless grinder and a radio knocking about

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Really? That's surprising, I've been working with a joiner last few weeks who has one and sound is great he's not had any problems as far as I know. There is a newer model that's out so maybe sorted the problems you've had

Could be mate yeah I did pay £65 for mine at bell tools Bristol so wasn't expecting much its done well sort of in the time I've had it but the other 3 people I know who's had similar problems made me think they were all shite maybe its just us not really looking after them

a dab radio from tescos are good :D I have had one for years and now i use it in my garage :D It will last as long as a makita one... and its not a heavy thing to lug about...

I use to like Makita radios and their drills but the quality has definitely dropped in recent years which is such a shame

a dab radio from tescos are good :D I have had one for years and now i use it in my garage :D It will last as long as a makita one... and its not a heavy thing to lug about...

I use to like Makita radios and their drills but the quality has definitely dropped in recent years which is such a shame

Don't say that! I've been convincing my wife that I need one and a normal one wouldn't do haha

Spotify on my phone and a Bluetooth boombar. Can't be doing with wanky djs prattling on..

I thnk it is the makita radios that caused sites to ban radios... imagin ethe noise on site if every gang of tradesman had one ....

Ive had my makita radio for 10 years or more now & not had any problems whatsoever with it & I use it every day.

Ive got a makita dab sat at home. Sick of buying leads and aerials for it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Leads? Think Ive only used my lead twice, I just charge a battery up every morning, no need for leads that's the idea of it. ;)

I dont have makita tools though. A mate did give me a couple of batteries and a charger when he upgraded though. But then i was just carrying more s**t out of the vam everyday lol

I dont have makita tools though. A mate did give me a couple of batteries and a charger when he upgraded though. But then i was just carrying more s**t out of the vam everyday lol

Ah right. I have but Ive got a battery I use just for the radio & a charger at home I just turn it on when I get up & put the battery in before I go out lasts all day or more, but i just charge it every morning anyway so I only have to carry the radio out & it'll last all day, can't be arsed with leads especially if working outside.
So what you using now then?

A shitty little currys job that sounds like a baked bean tin lol. I will order ANOTHER lead today

Got an old dewalt radio Chippy give me 12 yrs ago as he was leaving Spain and limited room moving stuff back.(y)
My mate seeing mine decided he wanted one by which time they were selling the digital version , he don't have a great deal of patience with his toys so wasn't long before it was a pile of yellow n black plastic in a corner:sorprendido3:
Said the stations wouldn't stay or summin and lost it including the stations. He also threw his generator off the top terrace as it was playing up one day too narrowly missing the lab :endesacuerdo:
Ahhh always great fun working with him lol:risas:
Need new battery but radio still fine for few hrs at time.

Dont bother with makita radio. They're rubbish. I looked after mine. Always in a bag. Within a week the mains lead packed up. Then the display went and lastly the handle fell off. They were good when they first came out but the quality now is poor. Bit too bassy for me too

Status
Not open for further replies.