Makita DAB site radio

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Private Member
Finally got my hands on this wee beauty!!! Picked it up at Screwfix £119 inc vat. I went for the G** white version. But my masculinity was quickly restored by the meaty bass and sheer volume as I blasted out the dance tunes. Its almost a shame to allow it to get covered in dust but I'm sure it will stand up to a lot of abuse as it has roll bars lol. If you don't, own one of these, you really must go out and invest in one asap. You won't regret it. :RpS_thumbsup:

Casper does it take the new lithium batteries? I bought one out b and q for 99 quid but it only takes the older red batteries unless i'm doing something wrong.

Thats my next radio im getting i think , my bosch power cube is slowly dieing and it weighes a ton.

I just got a cheap dab off th'ee bay £17 won't buy an expensive one as one of my dogs ate the last one when he got bored in my Landy !!! a joiner I know has one like yours and says its the dogs dangleys :RpS_thumbup:

Casper does it take the new lithium batteries? I bought one out b and q for 99 quid but it only takes the older red batteries unless i'm doing something wrong.

The radios should take both styles mate. Hole for the old style and a slide down slot at the top for the lithiums

Finally got my hands on this wee beauty!!! Picked it up at Screwfix £119 inc vat. I went for the G** white version. But my masculinity was quickly restored by the meaty bass and sheer volume as I blasted out the dance tunes. Its almost a shame to allow it to get covered in dust but I'm sure it will stand up to a lot of abuse as it has roll bars lol. If you don't, own one of these, you really must go out and invest in one asap. You won't regret it. :RpS_thumbsup:

Bought the same this week. Upgraded my standard non dab makita

Thats the thing the battery seems too large for the slide down slot. The drill says lxt on it and so does the radio so thought they would be compatible.

But you didn't tell the mrs you spent her money on it :RpS_sneaky: ffs your in for it now mate :-0

Depends which version you have I bought one few wks bk s I use 10.8v impact and driver but only the "new" 104 version takes these battery's. Look on bk of radio if it's 101 it will take old style battery's and lithium slide on battery's only

I noticed you didnt tell them about the bit where you thought you were going to have to take it back because you'd got the battery only version. Then found the plug in the box lol

Last edited:
Gave mine a clean today after that jock ******* sent me a pic of the shiney new one

It did look clean, but didn't wanna make me clean mine. :rolleyes)

Funny how when you have a new radio you keep it covered up for a bit then it just gets covered in shite in the end lol :RpS_biggrin:

I give mine a shower once every few months & scrape any snots off :RpS_thumbsup:

I noticed you didnt tell them about the bit where you thought you were going to have to take it back be caused by you'd got the battery only version. Then found the plug in the box lol

:RpS_lol:

Just got the dewalt dab yesterday. Can't wait to get to work to get it cranked up to max. Just need to buy a new cordless now so the batteries fit. My last dewalt fm radio lasted a week before a tub of pva spilled on it. I wouldn't advise mixing electronics with pva. They don't get on.

Plus hes promised mrs b a new carpet when it is. Hes secretly been taking out a coin every other day

Depends which version you have I bought one few wks bk s I use 10.8v impact and driver but only the "new" 104 version takes these battery's. Look on bk of radio if it's 101 it will take old style battery's and lithium slide on battery's only

It says 102 on it mate.

Has makita dab since March, you cannot turn the bass down, it's way to much.

For music it's ok, but when your listening to something like talksport, you struggle to hear what's said because the bass is so deep.

Good radio apart from that one thing, I wouldn't be without a radio now, if it broke, I'd pack up and come home

I have one of these. Sick bass!!! Even if its covered in skim

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

The bass on the makita is the only downside. Maybe the fact that it doesn't charge batts too but then it'd double in size. Plus I use bosch drills so it doesn't affect mr

Love my $15 Argo dab. Covered in Shiite. When it goes buy another. Usually.last 12 months

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Anybody else store the power lead in the battery compartment? It occured to me today when I was packing it away. Sometimes I astound myself with my sheer genius :RpS_tongue:

Anybody else store the power lead in the battery compartment? It occured to me today when I was packing it away. Sometimes I astound myself with my sheer genius :RpS_tongue:

Where else would you put it. Knobhead

I don't have a DAB radio...just a BAD radio...
CAM01075_zps0066e774.jpg
..:RpS_biggrin:
tis been in the wars! its had ceilings dropped on it,bags of plaster on it,dropped from scaffolds, etc .still works apart from the cd player..and the tape deck needs tape to hold it shut lol.... sentimental value,,its been In the family a long time.:RpS_lol:............
.......:RpS_blushing:

I don't have a DAB radio...just a BAD radio...
CAM01075_zps0066e774.jpg
..:RpS_biggrin:
tis been in the wars! its had ceilings dropped on it,bags of plaster on it,dropped from scaffolds, etc .still works apart from the cd player..and the tape deck needs tape to hold it shut lol.... sentimental value,,its been In the family a long time.:RpS_lol:............
.......:RpS_blushing:

nobody likes a showoff mate!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.