Make good plaster

Members online

Plaster1120

Has anyone used make good multi finish? Will be using it this week and just wondering if there’s anything I should know or any big differences to normal bg multi,

Cheers

Don’t use it unless you just doing tiny bits or feather ins it’s s**t we did a long landing ceiling with it first coat took 3 hours to dry at 2 mm second coat 3 hours again and finish was s**t

f**k me you lot working for make good there’s been about 100 threads! Off to pick me 20 bags of multifinish from jewsons in morning! And they don’t have any in stock! It’s not what you know :cool:

Any 1 figured out a technique for it honestly feel like an apprentice again its all I can get me hands on its wa nk feel like quiting the trade after 3 days on the trot using this s h it takes 4 hours to finish a mix n finish looks crap any one masters this crap ?

Any 1 figured out a technique for it honestly feel like an apprentice again its all I can get me hands on its wa nk feel like quiting the trade after 3 days on the trot using this s h it takes 4 hours to finish a mix n finish looks crap any one masters this crap ?
I've not used it yet but from what I've seen online the timings and water ratio are different to using multi finish.
11.5 litres of water for 25kg of multi
17 litres of water for make good (which seems a lot for the same size bag).
They say to use a lot more water with make good when towelling, I hardly use any with Multi finish. Different backgrounds are going to give different timings so it might be a case of using it for a while to get used to it.

We just used some today on a top landing ceiling (and a sm wall)

Did take four hours though

Goes on fine trowels ok but you need to leave it longer than BG multi

Does rip easy too ...

It just reminds me of using knauf finish 18 years ago ...

Few pics as we went along .....first and second coat ....after a first trowel ect...

Walls are being papered again ...

View attachment 50834
IMG_20200626_120224893.jpg
IMG_20200626_125242460.jpg
IMG_20200626_140122505.jpg

Last edited:
We just used some today on a top landing ceiling (and a sm wall)

Did take four hours though

Goes on fine trowels ok but you need to leave it longer than BG multi

Does rip easy too ...

It just reminds me of using knauf finish 18 years ago ...

Few pics as we went along .....first and second coat ....after a first trowel ect...

Walls are being papered again ...

View attachment 50834View attachment 50835View attachment 50836View attachment 50837

Did u finish it with a flex in plenty of water and after that I bet u didn’t stick another trowel on it

Worth throwing one in on the 2nd coat that what takes the time to dry
The sets seem to take 3 hours but I think it’s easier To get a nice finish! (Less troweling) make good have said there new batches of multi will set faster. Dunno when there new batches will be out tho.

The sets seem to take 3 hours but I think it’s easier To get a nice finish! (Less troweling) make good have said there new batches of multi will set faster. Dunno when there new batches will be out tho.
yeh heard that, feels like u should give it a dry trowel when done but when dryed thru next day it gives u a Matt finish good enough for painting

yeh heard that, feels like u should give it a dry trowel when done but when dryed thru next day it gives u a Matt finish good enough for painting
Was going to ask what the painter thinks , cheers

Anyone else had feedback from painters ?

Night all , out of phone battery lol

I reckon u could spray a painted wall with water n coat it with this stuff I’ll challenge that next week lol