maite

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
Has anyone got any tips on finishing the base coat as far as I know it likes to tear.......

It still tears if we wet it? It tears if we sponge it lol, do you just trowel the lines out or the whole wall?

Spunky, are you trying to acheive rubbed up s&c look? If so maite aint the gear, however it does cover well with 1.5mm bucket coat, I mean the base coat only needs to be tidy and flat, cut the top off any trowel marks when you can and it covers nice. Polymer renders dry from the outside in, place it and leave it to toughen up then scrape it flat when you think it feels ok.

Day after 2nd coat I use a scratch pad to clean up the margins and if there's still some life left in the wall you can still cut through some spat lines etc. definitely worth doing IMO. Spraying maite at the mo over insulation ready for an ehi topcoat. Am spraying the whole lift on in about a minute. Using the mono serrated rule which is super quick, laying in mesh and ruling again. It's efficient, flat, and the serrations in the rule leave a notched key as you go. Am only using a spat on awkward areas where the rule doesn't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.