Mains cable supply

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
Anyone come across a mains cable feed from an overhead line that is fixed in the middle of the gable with 2 branch offs ?

I need to get this re sited I assume but any one done it and if so please tell how much it cost

I will buzz the electric co tomoz and find out some facts and inform them what I intend to do. I want to go back to the client with a clear "this is what has to happen" rather than have them ring in round see.

It does cost I think a minimum of 250 for something like this

You might get lucky and find someone who knows what your talking about. Can be a headache if you get a jobsworth who says computer says noooo

Bought a house in April 13, there was oddly no gas connected, expected to pay 2000 give or take ,delighted to find that it was been done free as it was a disadvantaged area, really nice result.

doing a wetcast job last september and some bt cables had been removed by the main contractor not bt. the main box was hidden amongst some rubbish and was not protected so we did not see them. they got a bit splashed and dirty and bt wanted 5000£ to put it right and re fix the cables to the building. they are a joke these big companys. charge what they like

www.dr-plastering.co.uk

I will buzz the electric co tomoz and find out some facts and inform them what I intend to do. I want to go back to the client with a clear "this is what has to happen" rather than have them ring in round see.

It does cost I think a minimum of 250 for something like this

More like 2.5 to 3 k , up to five grand fine if you touch em

More like 2.5 to 3 k , up to five grand fine if you touch em

ever come across it @warriorupnorth ? Someone in the co. you could ask who may have encountered such a cable.

its an ugly siting to be honest - it could have hit the corner and routed its way in but instead its anchored slap in the middle of the gable with a route horizontally and vertically down. awful looking cable too

Last edited by a moderator:
It's real touchy subject at the min mate round our way, can't get a spec off any off the service providers other than they can't be covered , not sure on the legalities of these things and even on the various electrical forums it's unclear , at present they are just being tracked round by every installation company but like I said they want mega bucks to move em and if you touch them it can can be up to 5k fines , when we were rendering them as indipendants we just used to temp hang em on staff then re fix , can still get a buzz off em as well when they get wet, especially the older cables

You need to find a jointer my mate got his extended round his extension and it cost £250 pound notes no receipt no invoice no question

We had one done they moved it off the building and jointed it underground so it was right out of the. Way it's the only thing you can do really if you want it off the wall

By the sounds of it this is exactly the same as the supply coming into our house it was scary enough painting around it never mind trying to move the fooker and yes i had wellies, rubber gloves and a wooden broom handle taped to a brush to get around it and the airs on me arms were still well up :RpS_laugh:

its about time INCA got involved with issues like this so we can have proper guidelines on how to work around MAIN SERVICES and who to contact or get gas, electric and bt around a table and get them to design how we work around there services and then they can be added into all specs and contractors.Every boarder,renderer site manager will give a different opinion on measurements and design around these services.I am not talking about enabeling work here I am talking about an exact measurement on how to work around a gas pipe and how much clearance to leave etc.we cant go on just making things up.the lads doing private work can use these guidelines on their jobs to.INCA have been around for a long time and lads on site are still unsure on how to approach such items.its one thing giving out nice awards for EWI jobs and wasteing time looking at pictures of rendering,the lads onsite need some guidance.

I have took them of the wall and re-fixed them afterwards. Tied them to the scaffolding and often got buzzed!

Wouldn,t do it now though.

Its anything upwards of £2000 in the ground don't know about in the air stuff you need to find a jointerwho will do it on the side they are about I use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.