main contractor damages fresh dash

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

970man

hi guys just recieved court summons 20 months after i was paid saying dashing was defective .iwas paid £466 and the main contractor is claiming £2600 of me .as we were dashing the client was pushing carboard into the dash saying main contractor promised to cover windows (he didn,t ) we stopped till this was done then the forman dropped a 4x1 into the dash we repaired again ,then formen told labourers to take down the scaffold 30 minutes after we completed .we told them to stop they didn,t causing more damage (the joiners on site have agreed to be witnesses but WHERE DO I STAND REGARDING THE LAW cheers in nadvance

why was he pushing cardboard in the dash mate, and why didnt you cover windows?, if you got someone to back your story you should be ok!

i had no idea she not he was on the scaffold in her pj,s and slippers she was below me .the forman told her he would cover windows ,but didn,t taking the scaffold down was the worry

if the "defects" are dash missing or patchy areas and this is down to damage not bad workmanship then you should be able to prove that it is damage. If ever anything like that happened when i was installing on site I take pictures on the spot every time it is a must under these kind of circumstance.
The ammount he is claiming will be both loss and correction so the ammount will always be more than the original job. Get a soliciter tomorrow and get the joiners to provide statement

they will talk you through your options and costs, does your insurance cover you for this type of thing?
If you visit the property you can obtain pics, they will clearly show damage/marking not defects then I would take some, did you enter a contract? if so was there a defects liability clause in there? I would ring citizens advise when you get up in the morning and tell them first, see what they say

the main contractor sent me pictures witch show the damage ,when i told him his men caused it he said its already been re dashed all this is 20 months after. the joiners are my best bet but thanks its a worry i don't need

for the sake of a tenner id have bought a roll of poly and covered them myself end of the day if the windows had of got damaged you'd be well and truly up the creek, the rest of the problems are down to them

youre word against his mate itll get thrown out dont waste youre money let him take you to court

I have been told that if a client isn't happy with your work they have to put it in writing to you within 30 days and that they must give you the chance to correct any defects. I think it was in the 1979 housing act or something like that.

cheers essex andy i had heard that i should be given the chance to sort things out i will follow your lead cheers fella much needed

When you get court papers there should be a section where you dispute his claim and can give the reasons why , then the court will ask if you wish to go to mediation (this will be offered to both party's) if you decide not to mediate it will then go to court , but to be honest the builder does not have a leg to stand on and he will pull out before it gets to that , HE IS TRYING IT ON IN MY OPINION. wait while you get the court papers and then dispute it!!

thanks warrior as previously stated its not bad workmanship its damage done AFTER work was completed you lot are STARS

we have all witness statements and character references i have to put all my replies in to court by thurseday ,i called at the job today to talk with occupants they have not had it redashed i think they were getting one over on the main contractor who tried to fleece them on extra's will keep ypo informed cheers

970man said:
hi guys just recieved court summons 20 months after i was paid saying dashing was defective .iwas paid £466 and the main contractor is claiming £2600 of me .as we were dashing the client was pushing carboard into the dash saying main contractor promised to cover windows (he didn,t ) we stopped till this was done then the forman dropped a 4x1 into the dash we repaired again ,then formen told labourers to take down the scaffold 30 minutes after we completed .we told them to stop they didn,t causing more damage (the joiners on site have agreed to be witnesses but WHERE DO I STAND REGARDING THE LAW cheers in nadvance
he is just trying to scare u into paying the cleint should bac ya go round there and tell them

Status
Not open for further replies.