Magnetic Plaster Video

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
soz warty, its now a fu@king expensive wall @ £83 a bag..........................:rolleyes)

What ever you do, don't eat it
image.jpg

I hadn't seen the price of this i assumed it would be £15-20 a bag.....very wrong. better back track about that feature wall i was discussing with the wife last night

Attachments

• 1419060741243.jpg
    1419060741243.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 208
BG are a bunch of fuckwits. they throw a handful of iron filings in a bag and then sell it for nearly a hundred quid. clowns. if they werent so greedy and were selling it for less we'd be out there advertising it for them with customers and drumming up orders. but i havent mentioned it to anyone since finding out the price. and that health centre that were going get a wall done got a large magnetic board instead.

together with the initial unifinish fiasco and the new creamy one thats not going to be on the shelves of the big sheds, what a joke. whoevers in charge of advertising and marketing at BG needs a kick right up the arse. @BritishGypsum can you tell us why the magnetic plaster is so expensive? and why your new products arent in the big sheds? i would never buy your unifinish or the new carlite like one from a merchant because of the stupid prices. i got caught the other day when i was charged £9.80 for a bag of bonding in hews gey and the c**t winked at me and said it was a trade price. felt like butting the prick.

Last edited by a moderator:
at them prices as well its not like you would want to buy a couple of bags and give it a trial is it. i dont know anyone who would look at that and think its reasonable

Thats the irony of the situation. Travis are Wickes, Toolstation et al. Why is it cheaper to buy your gear in Wickes which is aimed toward DIYers than TP which is aimed at the trade :RpS_confused: Its just one of them weird things. Like when sponk goes all stringy in the bath and makes it like a little sargasso sea.

BG give the merchants an RRP and make a huge margin on it themselves. Theyre not giving it to the merchants for two quid a bag and letting them sell it at eighty. Its a free market. Supply and demand. If it was just the merchants setting the price one would undercut the others and clean up. But they cant do that because BG would not then sell them the gear. BG want to keep the price high and so do the merchants. BUt in this instance i think theyve been a liitle bit too greedy. Maybe they can win everyone over with a free ice scraper :RpS_unsure:

It was let out of the bag (no pun intended) a while back what BG were selling it to the builders yards and I would say they are putting 10% on it a it is still expensive but we are comparing it to multie or board. This is a different product completely and has one unique difference to all the other plasters but is it worth nearly 200% more? Venetian is expensive and so is mono compared to S&C but it would be interesting to know why it's so expensive and why they came up with this figure maybe it's the cost of materials and the process? Someone mentioned a while back what it was made of and you could buy your own and make it yourself but I think it would cost the same to make after you have forked out for the amount of gear then The formula ain't gonna be correct. I think it's a great idea and I will be pushing it new year but if they price could come down I could push it a lot easier @BritishGypsum

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to jump on this thread but I've got two bags of magnectic for sale, canceled job and I'd much rather someone else benefit from it... open to sensible offers?

cheers..

Status
Not open for further replies.