magnetic plaster and the return of uni finish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

malc

TPF Special Forces
british gypsum are to bring to the market magnetic plaster for use in places like schools and hospitals. so you can have a metal wall and just stick posters , notes, pictures etc straight on to the wall without blutack, nails or screws. i presume that it will be like a fridge magnet or a metal strip that holds the paperwork on the wall.
uni finish will be reintroduced with a different make up. bg blame the emusion of one paint manufactor as being able to penertrate the plaster causing it to break key !
a couple of us premier league plasterers will have both materials for a trial soon!

Would the magnet be behind the skkmming ? Surely cant actually be a magnet in the skimming :s and bumm bummmm bummmmmm uni finish take 2

the magnet will be in the plaster the same as xray plaster.
it sounds like it will cause a barrier and maybe block all of the computors, heart pacemakers and other wireless appliance etc.
there was only 1% failure on the original unifinish or is that propaganda?

this is pretty secret technology, surprised they didn't make you sign a secrecy clause when they gave you the testing contract. Supposed to be used with the magno-boards, contain steel filings to make the plaster stick.

alright as long as you dont want to hang a compass on the wall and also dont magnets do something to pacemakers sounds like a load of shhit to me or is it april 1st today

Casper used some magnetic plaster last year he said it was quite handy no need to put down your trowel :RpS_thumbup:

One per cent failure my ass, the pulled it off wth99/per cent success my ass they did,amazing what people believe when they are bribed with work..

I went to a seminar back in 1996 put on by these guys Firenze Enterprises Inc. - Marmorino Venetian Plasters | Lime Based | Lime Paint | Decorative Finishes | Primers & Sealers | Color Washes | Tints & Colorants | Application Tools. There was a German guy that led the working/seminar. He said the Rivesto Company was working on a magnetic plaster and it would be out in a year or so. I never heard anything about it afterwards.

that would be about correct , in uk we are at least 20 years behind germany

Uni finish must have some metallic properties in it because arti used magnetic screed in his porch it was that powerful it pulled the uni finish off his ceiling :-0

this is pretty secret technology, surprised they didn't make you sign a secrecy clause when they gave you the testing contract. Supposed to be used with the magno-boards, contain steel filings to make the plaster stick.

remember you heard about it on the plasterers forum first !

BG need to sort out winter setting times and the silly paper bags multi is packed into.

Would you even give unifinish mk2 a chance? I certainly wouldn't after the last farce.

No I wouldn't waste anymore money on it, I bought 2 bags for a small
job when it first came out, but didn't use it after all the shite reviews I heard, so it's still in my garage now but one day it'll be worth some money as a collectors item :RpS_drool:

If it has 'steel filing's in it, what's going to happen when you mix it with water. . ..? It'll be as rusty as my transit in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.