machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardbrown

Private Member
ok I am sorry to ask this as I am sure it has been asked bfore.

what machine is best for me and how much is it going to cost to get me set up.

I mainly work with hardwall, k rend, s/c and skim.

I am really interested in getting into this but would want a machine that is 100% reliable and easy to use.

ich

as mentioned I dont know a lot about these babys but if I can help it I wanna buy one with a built in compresser...... if they exist.

If not then the start up costs will be huge especially when I would only use the thing maybe 12 times a year

i had a putzmeister p11 and they are good but coz ur mixing site s&c u do get alot of blockages, g4 or g5 are great but i found i didnt need anything that big so i got a m-tec mono mix and that pumps mono, s&c and hardwall and mp 75, im only in bodmin so ur welcome to have a look anytime

rich buy the putmeister for 2500 for outside renders and get a ritmo..............go on dare ya ;D

I WAS IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU RICHARD I WASNT TO SURE IF I REALLY NEEDED A MACHINE JUST BOUGHT ONE 2 WEEKS AGO AND I THINK ITS THE BEST INVESTMENT IVE EVER MADE YOU NO WHAT PLASTERINGS LIKE THEY ARE ALWAYS FINDING EASIER /BETTER SOLUTIONS AND I THINK MACHINES ARE THE WAY FORWARD I GOT AN M-TECH 300 IT DID TAKE ME A FEW ATTEMPTS TO GET GOING BUT YOU SOON LEARN , KEVMC HAS 1 FOR SALE AT GOOD PRICE GOOD LUCK ;D

Rich, give me or monkey a call and come and have a look and try mate. we sell second hand and new. all i will say about buying a machine off ebay or one which dosnt have a nationwde backup service you could end up having problems. If you deal with someone like PFT you know that oyu will get the support.

simplybesty said:
Rich, give me or monkey a call and come and have a look and try mate. we sell second hand and new. all i will say about buying a machine off ebay or one which dosnt have a nationwde backup service you could end up having problems. If you deal with someone like PFT you know that oyu will get the support.

you are welcome to carry on posting as long as it is not to promote your own products , if you wish to run an advert then contact admin

so your the man running the site fanny are you. im not promoting im giving rich some good advice. we see it all the time where people buy sone cheap somewhere to find they have no where to go for back up and help. also most of the people of here have websites as links on there profile, thats adverting , were all talking about joddymix, should we not do that fanny because its promoting a product. we all know where you stand about machines and we all know you will put them down at every

What your saying is extremely biased. Unfortunately you don't seem able to understand much in the world past pft this pft that.
Everyody is different and has different preferences and expectations yeah? One guy will swear on a vw, the next on a ford and both will think that they are right to 'convert' the other one over. And anyway competition in any field is good for product development and driving costs to the end user down,.
It doesn't matter where you buy your machine the idea is to save as much money as you can to offset the startup costs(which after the sales pitch at a dealership or just merely standing in front of them drooling can quickly run into double figures with a gennie etc.). Any dealer of machines will give you a days course on a machine no matter if you bought it second hand or new or off them or not as they will want to get you up and running and hopefully you will then use them for your servicing and sundries like rotors & stators, tools,etc.
If you were genuinely 'machine plasterers' you would have more of an open mind and appreciate different machines for their different qualities as no machine, no matter what anyone says is perfect for anyone.

buying a machine and buying a van are not the same because everybody knows which make of cars are good and which aint so good, now not alot of people know much about these machines which is why its really good to have somebody willing to give advice to people that dont know much about the machines, i only wish someone had given me advice b4 i got my first machine off ebay which was a huge mistake now if i had gone to a dealer the faults i had would of been put right, after all ur buying something that is being used day in day out and being put through its paces

plus there aint so many different make of machines like there are makes of vans the fact is that pft are the market leaders so why not go for a machine that is proven to be one of the best

goody, im not sure where your coming from, i have always said every machine does the job, some better than others but its the back up. its like that DFT you bought just to say you were the first to have one. where you going to get parts from, you know as well as me the back up from that company is crap. if you invest in a machine then you need to know you can get help. yes i do shout about PFT because there is a dealer in the west country, southeast, north of england and even scotland so you know if something happens where ever you are working , you will always be able to get it sorted asap. Why dont you go back to you sheep goody and stay in the valleys.

simplybesty said:
so your the man running the site fanny are you. im not promoting im giving rich some good advice. we see it all the time where people buy sone cheap somewhere to find they have no where to go for back up and help. also most of the people of here have websites as links on there profile, thats adverting , were all talking about joddymix, should we not do that fanny because its promoting a product. we all know where you stand about machines and we all know you will put them down at every

lol me run the site hahahahaha come here likkle fishy lol your not giving advise your trying top sell him a machine "give me or monkey a call and come and have a look and try mate. we sell second hand and new" the clue is in that sentence, would you agree? The guy im workin for got his machine of PFT the back up might be good but they definetly advised him on the wrong machine for his type of business (mtec 300). I dont stand any where as regards the machines just the way some people try and pass them off as the be all and end all to plastering and to be honest i dont know why they are called plastering machines coz they dont help you plaster, they have there uses of which ive said in the past ie applying render high up but im not goin down that road again its boring.

whoa whoa, sorry there folks reading that back I must have been on one this morning. Nothing personaol. All I was trying to get across was that there are lots of different machines out there all with different characteristics, good and bad. I like the g5 and know it is well proven, but I personally prefer the new mp25 which is basically the same but the slightly modified and stubby sort of design appeals to me.

Simples, are you sure your not mistaking me for Ian Jones as know he's a regular on l&d but I just worked for him for a bit and got to use some machines mostly pft. Have to tread carefully as all that ended quite badly but could someone please explain what's goin on with all that and what if anything happened and why is he not on here anymore??

Flynny do you mean the R8? Remember something bout that. If I remember right you and him had a cosy relationship! Come on let me in on what went on??

fanny, they guy who i think sold your mate that machine is not a pft dealer anymore for that very reason, he was pushing mtechs only on the back of his pft dealership. whats wrong with helping someone by offering them a try.

goody said:
Flynny do you mean the R8? Remember something bout that. If I remember right you and him had a cosy relationship! Come on let me in on what went on??

yeh thats the the one the blones lol whats he upto is he still the richest plasterer in wales?

simple im pullin ya leg lol

yes ian the blones, what happened flynny? going back I can see he was on here then disappeared was there an ousting or something? Have taken some flack off a couple on here thinking i'm him don't know if they were messin or genuine really

Dont remember him being on here but i used to wind him up on ebuild asked him a few questions he couldnt answer and never heard of him again lol

goody said:
Have to disagree with you there, we have an sp11 dqr and as well as being the dogs b*ll***s it is perfect for us. Also, having spoke to lot's of people in the last two years all over the british isles when i looked into machines, PFT got the biggest thumbs up for aftersales and help but diesel was really the only way for our situation so we went for a man's pump and putzmeister have been equally great with their backup..Thank god we got the pressure washer on it as we were mixing and pumping truflo today in gale force winds, that sh it get's everwhere..

i'd buy one of monkey new or secondhand .................cmon lets (french word)ing have it you c**ts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.