M100

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm wondering when the sell the m100 what advice do they give. and do people make money spraying skim. hearsay and opinions are all well and good but so far i dont know anybody doing it full time that can give facts.
The machines all work fine but then what!

i think i do but i stand by what i said, you saw the build quality of the one in germany we had to look at. It was shocking. Dont get me wrong, Mtech make good machines but in this case they have rushed a machine on to the market without thinking things through. Anyway, i still dont know why anyone just skimming needs a machine, how long does it really take to bng on a set? when you spray finish on yo need someone behind you flattening out.

I cant spell when im pissed either.
you can,t spell sober thicko:RpS_laugh:

that gibo is like one of those sad little T***s at school, you know the types . anyway, if it makes him feel good having a pop at everyone . still a sad red nosed t**t though

i use it with a labourer i do my 80 meters every time no pain no sweat in about 4 to 5 hours i save on materials also the finish on it is fantastic due to the fact off spraying evenly

that gibo is like one of those sad little T***s at school, you know the types . anyway, if it makes him feel good having a pop at everyone . still a sad red nosed t**t though
i dont have a pop at anyone but you and you break every time and i aint got a red nose you w**k*r

do u do one or 2 coats?
how do u find the overspray?
u using multi?
talk us through from starting spraying to finishing troweling how long stuff takes
cheers

i spray on my own about 25 to 30 meters in about 10 minutes than i flaten it wait till start to set spray over it not to soon thou or it goes pimpely i give it quick trowel b4 a good spatsh and coner trowel by than got plenty time to spray another set on b4 igo back and finsh the first lot it is abit fool on whith just a labourer but not as tiering as lying it by hand i need to find sum 1 to complete the gang so do have to stop at 80m and just keep on going all day

it did at first but it gets better as u go and get more experienced i now use the underlay roofing witch the multi dont stick to and its light weight got to go out now nick willget back on later cheers mate

what kind of work you doing mate, ime not against machines, quite for them realy but you must need some big regular areas to make it pay.

hey lushous, when you have bigger areas you will make better profit but if there are smaller jobs then you will get them done quicker aswell so u get more free time

sorry but if your doing 80m2 a day with a labourer then im afreid you wasted your money. I know, as most on here do and can do 80m2 a day on there own without a labourer, thats 3 sets at just over 25m2 a set. If your going to make a machine pay then yo will be doing sites and being paid around 2.50m2 thats 200 a day less labourers monney . Put running costs into this and your loosing money. It dont make sense .

He did say he needed another gang member to complete his set up and alow him to do more. Also he never said that he was being paid 2.50. Maybe he is getting more?

As mentioned above these machine work out at about £10 a day to finance so for 2 spreads £5 each and for that they get a system that wont totally **** thier bodies up. why kill our selves doing 3 hits a day? it was always 2 hits a day and that way quality is kept high and is a sustainable work rate day in day out

Im sure this is the way forward in plastering and in theory should make skimming as cost affective alternative to tape and join on most sites. im tape and joing at 3.50 m2 and thats been subbed out. Sites seem to think tape and join is best as that is whats been specd but im sure that we could leave a better job in quicker time skimming. Then they talk about drying times ect, I for the life of me can see how tap and join is quicker, skim is dry ready to paint without all this ******* about in 2 days

Im thinking of going for a rimito and using a 40" refina skimming spatular and plastic trowels.

Has anyone done this?

Im waiting to see what BG do with this spray finish first, if they really go for it with it and push it to site managers and architects then hopefully the shite tape and join system will lose favour

Last edited:
dont see the point in having a machine to plonk on finish,
the margins are that tight. mp75 or parexbric sure but skimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.