lynncrista?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

allyb

just had a look at a hall stairs and landing a client wants doing, however on the walls at the mo is this stuff which looks like artex but the guy whos house it is tells me its called lynncrista (crown paints make it) and it comes on a roll like wall paper however you use some sort of adhesive to put it up, and the guy says its rock hard to take off, just wondered if any of you have come across this before, and if so how did you tackle it i.e take it off, reskim, bond and skim etc? cheers fellas

try a test by putting some thistle bond it on it then when dry stick a bit of bonding on see if it comes off if it does remove it if it dont go for it

I did a job the other week and it had been painted in sandtex, the stuff that looks like thistle bond-it and I just presumed it was painted straight on to the walls, so it had a coat of pva and it was skimmed and to my horror the paper started to show its ugly head and had a few areas where it bubbled, but I was too far in at this point to strip the lot off as I was on my 2nd trowel, it went in fine but i explained to the customer it was purely cosmetic and we went back on friday and it had been painted and was fine.

just had a look at a hall stairs and landing a client wants doing, however on the walls at the mo is this stuff which looks like artex but the guy whos house it is tells me its called lynncrista (crown paints make it) and it comes on a roll like wall paper however you use some sort of adhesive to put it up, and the guy says its rock hard to take off, just wondered if any of you have come across this before, and if so how did you tackle it i.e take it off, reskim, bond and skim etc? cheers fellas
I'd take it off mate, lincrusta is basically like putty on a roll :RpS_biggrin: it can be a b4stard to get off but charge em for it :RpS_thumbup:

It's a **** to both hang and remove. The adhesive it is put up with is like contact adhesive. If it is stable, then you should be able to bond it and skim.

Status
Not open for further replies.