Lucky Break!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdplastering

Hi all, im new to the site and wat a wicked site it is.Ive been plastering fo a few years and just recently went selfemployed, didnt have much choice really as the cock i was workin for told me there was no work with 1 days notice then pissed off to dubai :mad:.Ive managed to get onto a good job plastering a big and very exspensive house in the lakes, im the only spread on the job and theres a couple of months work to do,the owner is impressed with my work and yesterday he told me he wants me to do a 2 storey L shaped office block that hes had built.Its got 14 offices and all corridors and stairwells and maybe ceilings.Dont know the exact size but its bloody big,does anyone know how to price such a big job and any ballpark figures.Cheers

think of a number, double it and add on 200 quid ;D

this is how i do all my quotes

ps. u lucky barstard on the work

Alrite fella didnt price it just said wat i wanted a day and he said fine, went in at £100 a day which i know is cheap but work was a bit dry,but he knows that ill be puttin me price up a bit on the next 1.Hes also talking about puttin 5 new builds up and i think ill get them 2 thing the only thing is if he asks for a price its alot bigger than im used to priceing should i go per square metre and if so how much?

the best way is to decide how much you want a day say 180 and then divide it by whatever metreage you can easily do in a day say 40 metres then its 4.50 a metre with your man supplying materials, but i have to say your 100 a day your having a laugh

Found it hard to laugh when i was struggling to pay the bills £100 isnt much i know but its kept my head above water and led onto better things and it is only me first year

You need a drawing for something like that, im not being funny but you wont do it on your own, Is it supply and fix or labour only?
What are you doing Plaster, drylining, render outside, metal stud? Its hard to ask for a price for a job like that mate, Price units m2 per and times it by x then add staircases, corridors ect do it right or you`ll lose money.

Im just skiming it and suppling labour only ,already sorted out another spread and a labourer to give me a hand and to be honest talking to him today he just wants me to go on day rate plus ill be making a little bit on each man.He said he thinks theres about 8 months work there so dont think ill have to rush too much,sound guy and absolutley loaded aswell think hed rather have the job done right and time doesnt seem to much of an issue

dont give too much away tho, works not too easy to come by for a lot of people at the minute, you could end up with nothing to do...if times not an issue, id make the most of it...

your right about the work situation bein tight if i didnt have this job then id probaly be in the sh%t but not gonna have anymore than 2 lads on the job wit me so think i can make it last hopefully and by the time i finish that he should have his new builds well on the way with any luck so hopefully i can ride the storm and make a few quid ;)

Personally i would price by the day and price each room singlely, i wouldnt be trying to do it on the cheap as its your bread and butter so without taking the piss make sure you get your bit.
Priced a full house lately where i worked it out room for room then but put my total in and found this easier than trying to put a price in for the whole house off the top of my head.

Hope this helps

Getting a good estimate of the area is a good starting point, if this guy's thinks It'll take 8 months, make it fit best you can without taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.