Low suction Polly float...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're a total waste of time and money. Mind you the 'Plasterers News' reckons Speedskims are fantastic so I'm sure we'll soon be sponsored by a useless float as well.

If we get asked to do a product test why would I say no?

It cant hurt if its pants the company will get told and so they wont waste any money with using too many counter sunk drill bits :)

I like the speedskim and many others find it useful so I am not ashamed of that :)

And @essexandy your more than welcome to cover all the forum costs and my time if you want an in exchange I will happily remove all the sponsors you don't like :RpS_tongue:

Last edited:
If we get asked to do a product test why would I say no?

It cant hurt if its pants the company will get told and so they wont waste any money with using too many counter sunk drill bits :)

I like the speedskim and many others find it useful so I am not ashamed of that :)

And @essexandy your more than welcome to cover all the forum costs and my time if you want an in exchange I will happily remove all the sponsors you don't like :RpS_tongue:

I think it's great that companies are coming to the forum to get feedback on their products @Danny and I also realise you need to, for want of a better term 'suck up' to some companies to get sponsorship deals to make the forum viable, that's business and you seem to be making a really good go of it.
There aren't as many things as enjoyable and useful as this forum that are free.
I don't dislike any of the sponsors of the forum, thank God, as I certainly couldn't afford to take you up on your kind offer lol. I even own a Speedskim, oh the shame:RpS_blushing: but have never put clay on a wall as yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Them floats have been out a while remember looking at them a couple of years ago and they weren't getting getting good revues but ive never used one so who knows be interested to hear opinions of forum members

i always give new tools ago over the years i have bought them all but always seem to end up back useing the same old tools i had from the start must be a comfort thing

Them floats have been out a while remember looking at them a couple of years ago and they weren't getting getting good revues but ive never used one so who knows be interested to hear opinions of forum members

I saw them when they were around the first time and made my own using a nicely worn in float. Oh what a waste of a decent float that was.
The holes just fill up within no time and actually seemed to cause more drag than a standard float.

I think it's great that companies are coming to the forum to get feedback on their products @Danny and I also realise you need to, for want of a better term 'suck up' to some companies to get sponsorship deals to make the forum viable, that's business and you seem to be making a really good go of it.
There aren't as many things as enjoyable and useful as this forum that are free.
I don't dislike any of the sponsors of the forum, thank God, as I certainly couldn't afford to take you up on your kind offer lol. I even own a Speedskim, oh the shame:RpS_blushing: but have never put clay on a wall as yet.

I dont suck up :) I dont promote anything that I dont like :) I get lots of companies contacting me and a lot of it is shite :) The stuff i like or think others will like I take a step further :)

If you notice in the Plasterers News site there is no mention of the company so they are not getting any PR :) If the feedback comes back good I am sure things will talk further if they come back bad then the company saves a fortune :)

Look at the insurance company :) lol

Yep I have to charge and make money I am not a charity and spent at least 5 years self funding and taking on a lot of risk but to the members it will always be free :) and as members I always work to get you deals and benefits and I will look at getting you a better deal before I make a bean:) all the sponsors know this and work hard to give as much as they can to the members

I am always open to new ideas and suggestions though and constantly working to improve and also help where I can :)

Danny

I saw them when they were around the first time and made my own using a nicely worn in float. Oh what a waste of a decent float that was.
The holes just fill up within no time and actually seemed to cause more drag than a standard float.

I mentioned this to the company when they contacted me in July.... I wonder if counter sinking both sides would make any difference?

It wouldn't make the slightest difference I reckon.

I forgot about the insurance company. What a band of bellends they were haha

I dont suck up :) I dont promote anything that I dont like :) I get lots of companies contacting me and a lot of it is shite :) The stuff i like or think others will like I take a step further :)

If you notice in the Plasterers News site there is no mention of the company so they are not getting any PR :) If the feedback comes back good I am sure things will talk further if they come back bad then the company saves a fortune :)

Look at the insurance company :) lol

Yep I have to charge and make money I am not a charity and spent at least 5 years self funding and taking on a lot of risk but to the members it will always be free :) and as members I always work to get you deals and benefits and I will look at getting you a better deal before I make a bean:) all the sponsors know this and work hard to give as much as they can to the members

I am always open to new ideas and suggestions though and constantly working to improve and also help where I can :)

Danny

Insurance company were a joke! Just making prices up as they go..

empty promises etcetc

Status
Not open for further replies.