Lorry driver

Worth more than smoother/badvoc as a tradesmon?
I've sussed you out!! Your from brum and let's say your not quite English are you!!
That's why it riles you when I put posts up of these scroungers coming in on boats!!
There your cousin brothers ain't they!!!!!

I've sussed you out!! Your from brum and let's say your not quite English are you!!
That's why it riles you when I put posts up of these scroungers coming in on boats!!
There your cousin brothers ain't they!!!!!
You got me, take me to my cell , black hole of calcutta

I am not quite English, awfully sorry to offend BUT I hope one day you will forgive me?

You got me, take me to my cell , black hole of calcutta
You little tape empire is gone!!
Can't you try carpets or net curtains on the market??
It's a living???

Yep.

The industry took a dark turn about 30 years ago by using the tactic of preserving profit by driving down wages. The only reason anybody did the job at all was that long hours, nights and weekends kept overall pay at a level you could live on.

It was kept realistic by Europeanlorry drivers doing the job for f**k all and affording it by living like sardines in s**t digs.

Surprise surprise ended up nobody wanting to do the job and now the industry is in the s**t. Wages have gone from around £12 ph to more like £19 and Tescos are crying that they'll have to pass on costs to the customer.

Yes. Yes they will. You'll havw to pay 50p more for a chicken so a lorry drivervan afford a house without doing 70 hrs a week and only seeing his mrs on a Saturday.

Screenshot_20210925-110529.png
Screenshot_20210925-111425.png

The government fed the news through the usual channels and have sped up the shortage of fuel!! Can't people see what there doing!!! The country is ready to grind to a halt, there massacreing the food today in the supermarkets!!!
The end game here is we will have to join the EU again but we won't have any power this time!!! Unless ww3 breaks out before hand!! You young ens will be on front line soon!!!

The government fed the news through the usual channels and have sped up the shortage of fuel!! Can't people see what there doing!!! The country is ready to grind to a halt, there massacreing the food today in the supermarkets!!!
The end game here is we will have to join the EU again but we won't have any power this time!!! Unless ww3 breaks out before hand!! You young ens will be on front line soon!!!
Must be thousands of hgv drivers in the forces ? Get em out as there's no shortage of fuel, just of drivers that got sick of the beaurocracy, paper work n £10k fines for scum bags caught hiding in thier lorries !

Working for a lorry driver at min. He says it's gonna come to where they are fast tracking em so they are allowed to driver hazardous stuff about. So there will be inexperienced drivers pulling tankers of petrol about. Its the new 3 day course

Working for a lorry driver at min. He says it's gonna come to where they are fast tracking em so they are allowed to driver hazardous stuff about. So there will be inexperienced drivers pulling tankers of petrol about. Its the new 3 day course
The hazmat course isnt very long anyway.

It comes in modules.

The core module is perhaps 2 days and then you do in tanks or in packages or explosives or whatever the specific hazard is.

People do most of the learning on the job off the transport manager/consignor.

So your lorry driver is basically talking shite.

Must be thousands of hgv drivers in the forces ? Get em out as there's no shortage of fuel, just of drivers that got sick of the beaurocracy, paper work n £10k fines for scum bags caught hiding in thier lorries !
Driverswere sick of s**t wages in return for a poor work/life balance.

There's no shortage of well qualified driversin UK doing other things because the industry has been ruined.

How the f**k is it the army's job to assist fhe industry?

There's no shortage of well qualified driversin UK doing other things because the industry has been ruined.

You'd know how to mop up properly if there was a spill wouldn't ya Steef!!!

Agree with most of that, but if the media are going to keep panicking people into draining the garages etc before they can restock, then maybe getting more of our own with hgv licences inc forces out there to keep things moving now will calm stuff down ! By the time 100k shortage of hgv drivers to cover everything
are trained and passed even with incentives and good pay we'll be into next year at the earliest ! For years weve been warned not enough new guys are coming in to replace the retiring drivers, but the expected choice was cheap drivers from eu to come in instead of invexting in our own, as with many essensial trades and sevice jobs needed here now and in future !
When firemen striked the army green goddesses helped a lot till it was sorted

Last edited: