Loosing jobs

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Marky

Am I to dear or what?
went to look at a job the other day two downstairs rooms 11'x10' float chimney breast Face and cheeks, float both walls either side, over skim both rooms including ceilings went in at £750 including Matt's, I get a text next day saying I'm between £100 and £200 to dear, WTF

There's alot of under cutting going on. I priced a job and was told I was £300 over the last plasterer but I talked the guy round as every 1 knows
Pay for quality

It's unusual for a punter to even tell you that you ain't got the job, so if they're texting you they are inviting you to drop your price.....................ask them what exactly your competitor has priced for and see if you can match it. Or tell them to farkoff.:RpS_thumbup:

I wouldn't call it to dear you dear each to there own and if you think your worth more than the next man then charge more than the next man

not too dear mate client is either trying it on or other plaster is desperate for work

lest they let ya know ya didnt get the job most dont even tell ya i didnt get house reskim and ceiling overboared bloke recons i were to dear at 1200 only new id not got it cos joiner told me he gone with some1 else.......polish nob aswell

Last edited:
True I hate saying to people let me know either way though because you can put the idea in there head you're negotiable

Prices taken a nosedive round my way this year,customers getting 7-8 quotes even if the jobs only a days work. Get enough work from previous customers and recommendations to not have to price jobs for peanuts. I know on domestics the rough spreads and there are plenty out there ,will be the ones quoting low.
Doing 2-3 jobs a month going over/putting right worked that has been left rough. Makes up for the jobs i miss out on where the customer goes for the cheapest.

Prices taken a nosedive round my way this year,customers getting 7-8 quotes even if the jobs only a days work. Get enough work from previous customers and recommendations to not have to price jobs for peanuts. I know on domestics the rough spreads and there are plenty out there ,will be the ones quoting low.
Doing 2-3 jobs a month going over/putting right worked that has been left rough. Makes up for the jobs i miss out on where the customer goes for the cheapest.
i charge extra if i have to put right some1 esles work esp if i qouted for the job in the first place if they say owt i just say should have had me in first place lol

Most customers dont ring back if they have made the mistake of giving the job to a bodger.Ive had a few ask me to sort a job that i missed out on to start with and i also put the price up, bloody right as well!

Most customers dont ring back if they have made the mistake of giving the job to a bodger.Ive had a few ask me to sort a job that i missed out on to start with and i also put the price up, bloody right as well!
trouble is they look at you gone out when ya say u want more for putting the job right had it once and i told the women im not sam becket ya no im just a plasterer lol

I'm glad I don't live in the West Mids, foreigners bring the price right down.

I'd say you are about £300 to cheap.

M8 I got £800 for stripping wallpaper and skimming 4 walls the other day in a nice area of Bristol. Target the right customers get the money. Mind you I took my time to get the job perfect, spent half a day at the end leaving it spotless, even cleaned the windows ;)

Guessing that wasn't fishponds then. :RpS_biggrin:

I stayed there for a month last october while we did an I****n restuarant in Bristol. Even the dogs walk around in pairs.

i used to hate doin the clean up but i actually quite like it now its loading up and unloading the truck that i hate with apassion

No to be honest m8 theres certain parts as with all citys that if I get a call from I don't even bother looking at the job, fishponds is borderline, if I'm busy I won't bother.

I find the people with more money are tight as fook and haggle more and the people who look like they are just scrapping a living and there house is a s**t tip accept the price, pay straight away and its always cash........bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.