Looking to Labour learn the trade

Members online

Rod Smith

Hi there,

I am currently going through redundancy and i am using this as a fresh start for myself. I am planning to do a short course in plastering. This will not give me any qualifications but it will enhance my understanding and skills within this trade.
When I was younger I used to labour for my dad, he was a plasterer and taught me quite a bit about his trade. I do not have any site experience as all of the labouring I have done has been private work.
I am dependable, physically fit, and hard-working - I thrive in a fast-paced environment and not afraid to put a shift in . I have the passion for progression and being involved in this industry.
I was wondering if there was anyone in the area (can travel) looking to take on a labourer to train and teach their skills for me to learn the trade. I'm willing to do a few days free of charge so they can see if I'm worth their time.

Any advise or help putting me in the right direction would be really appreciated

I have heard that before!!! =)
I know it's strange to try and get into this a bit later than normal I am 29 but just looking for pointers really and to see if there is anyone out there looking for a labourer to train