Looking for work ....

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date
Bell end. Halesowen is your neck of the woods isn't it?

I bet it's YOU, you little f**k**g weasel.

I saw an ad in the Irish paper that made me laugh a while back.

Strong Men Seek Work.
Digging, security etc.

How're you getting on with sorting things out for your return to civilisation?

Scratching along, doing my best to get ahead. Getting there, very slowly.

Thank you for asking.

From your post before it's a bit of a process isn't it? I always thought that sort of jump would be simple. Still, nothing ever is when officialdom gets involved.

From your post before it's a bit of a process isn't it? I always thought that sort of jump would be simple. Still, nothing ever is when officialdom gets involved.

It would be simple enough if I could get ahead here but it's a f**k**g nightmare. There's so little work that it's pretty much hand to mouth

It would be simple enough if I could get ahead here but it's a f**k**g nightmare. There's so little work that it's pretty much hand to mouth

Ah right. Which no doubt makes it worse knowing that there's plenty here but you can't get at it for a while. :confused:

Ah right. Which no doubt makes it worse knowing that there's plenty here but you can't get at it for a while. :confused:

It's Donegal Mafia. Your standing in this community is influenced by how old you are and how long (that's generations, not years) you've been in the county. Thus, a horrible old farmer breezes around quite happily. People like me run into brick walls...everything takes forever everybody lies through their teeth about their business. It's called Donegal time.

It's Donegal Mafia. Your standing in this community is influenced by how old you are and how long (that's generations, not years) you've been in the county. Thus, a horrible old farmer breezes around quite happily. People like me run into brick walls...everything takes forever everybody lies through their teeth about their business. It's called Donegal time.

So is it getting the wedge together to move that's holding you up or other stuff?

If it's just the wedge could you do a couple of weeks work in the UK then go back, repeat a few times and save up each time until you're there?

So is it getting the wedge together to move that's holding you up or other stuff?

If it's just the wedge could you do a couple of weeks work in the UK then go back, repeat a few times and save up each time until you're there?

It's wedge, pretty much. If I had the wedge to get back for a couple of weeks, I'd have the wedge to get back full stop. There was someone from maybe Sligo on recently complaining much the same thing and he's Irish - add a few difficulty points if you're not.